Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Edgars

Bb z10 wont link or connect to laptop

Hi

I bought a brand new blackberry z10(great phone by the way)  2 months ago and everything ran smooth at the time all i had was blackberry desktop manager but still once i connected my phone to my laptop everything worked perfectly i could transfer files ect. Then I installed an older version of the blackberry 10 OS and thats when blackberry desktop stopped connecting with my phone. When I connect my phone to my laptop or any other pc for that matter it will still charge but thats about it I cant access any of my files, I can send music to the phone via blue tooth but as you may know this can be very inconvinient.

Recently I have updated my BB 10 OS to 10.2.1.2.2102 and installed blackberry link but the problem persists blackberry link recognises the phone but says it is disconnected, tried to reload the device software but once bb link says turn off the phone as it gets stuck as it checks for updates.

I have a blackberry curve an it works just fine so if anybody out there can help me with this situation i would really truely apprectiate it.

Windows Home basic

Hp 64 bit op system

4gb ram

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Bb z10 wont link or connect to laptop

Your explanation is a bit confusing, OS10 does not work with the 'Desktop Manager' which is for the older OS's.

'Link' indicated the Z10 is not connected yet it tries to update.

Suggest you uninstall all software and drivers, restart pc, plug in Z10, you will be prompted to install 'Link' software.