Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: O2

Bbm chat history help

I was wondering if its possible to save the bbm chat history on the Z10. If so can anyone tell me how to. Also is it possible to view the history on the device
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bbm chat history help

If you dont clear the chat with your BBM contact, it will keep a history of it. You can also copy a chat or email a chat by clicking on the overflow icon in the chat window (3 vertical dots).

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

So in other words I cannot delete the chat like before? In OS 7 and earlier you could delete the chat but retrieve it by parking on the contacts and pressing the menu button
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

You can delete any chat in BBM. You can also turn on save chat history..

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

With regard to saving BBM chat history on the Z10:

1. Can saved BBM chat history be searched (other than by manually scrolling through vast amounts of text)?

2. Can saved BBM chat history be transferred, let's say, as a text file, for archiving and searching by some other means / on some other platform?

2.a. I understand that one can "email a BBM chat", but only a handful of the latest lines of a chat are incorporated into an email - not useful if one is looking to copy older excerpts?

2.b. Where is BBM chat history saved? Device? SD card? Is there a directory path that we can follow to access the history?

3. What is the purpose of saving all of this history if it cannot be efficiently accessed / searched / archived / used?

Thanks for any insight.

Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

totally agree - been asking theese questions since Feb - doesn't seem to be an answer forthcoming though.

Was hoping OS 10.2 announcement would include it! haven't heard anything yet ...

This has to be addressed!!!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I'm very interested in having all of the above answers (re: maclenin's post) also! This is my biggest issue with my Z10 (we won't mention Link).

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook

[ Edited ]

hello all maybe this will help but your right I haven't figure out how to save it on SD CARD has of yet! I'll update if I find something! 

For not you can still save the convos read below how to!

To save BlackBerry Messenger chat history complete the following:
1. Open BBM.
2. Swipe down from the top.
3. Select Setting.
4. Turn Save Chat History to On.