Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Beeline

Re: Birthday Reminders

[ Edited ]

Thanks. Are those contacts imported from somewhere?

p.s. Also I have reports that there is an another issue - not all birthdays are shown. Now I'm looking for some kind of  regularity for this Smiley Happy

My BB10 apps: Photo Memo | TriQuick | SkidStone | MeeBirthdays
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

I am synced from PC, laptop and Z10 with MS Exchange server so yes they are all downloaded from outlook.

Developer

Just to be sure: in the Z10's adress book those contacts are shown with correct birth date?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post.
Contributor

No, they are all a day early in contacts!

Developer

I was afraid of this... I've remembered now, that also have silimar result while was syncing some of my old phones with MS Outlook. Unfortunately I don't remember how to fix this....

Contributor

Thanks anyway perhaps BB are watching this forum and will address the issue.

Developer

I suppose that it can be caused by timezone settings (different seetings on a Device and remote server).

Developer

It seems, that automatic birthdays reminder will not be even in 10.2 OS.

So, I continue improving my MeeBirthdays app.

And it even got B4BB approval.

Any feature-requests are welcome Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

I had the same issue (also the same b'day!!) 

I have a Mac so the details might be a little different, but this is how I solved it. I made certain all dates were correct in my address book (I also added a note containing the correct b'day as 'insurance'). Then in calendar I made certain all birthdays are "All Day" events rather than starting at 12:00AM. 

Also I suggest you use the BB reminder settings for that day/previous day etc.

This can all be done in the BB of course, but is much slower. Fortunately you only have to do it the once. Also make certain you resolve any conflicts that arise in during your sync by defaulting to the computer dates.

Hope it helps.

BTW — make certain you don't have 'daylight savings' issues with your computer time zone vs the BB.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Koodo

My Birthdays in my BBQ1p are the correct date however they do notify me a day earlier than the contacts actual birthdate. When the reminder comes up it says John Smiths Birthday and then it would say August 23, 2013 but notify me on August 22, 2013....is there an automatic way to change all birthday notifications to the actual date? I am assuming it has something to do with the facebook app that synced all the birthdays but I don't know how to change it... Anyone have an idea?