Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Cellc/ vodacom SA

Re: Bis

I got an update from my carrier that BIS is not available for bb 10 devices but they are going to make a spesial service that you pay for eg. R15 for unlimited bbm!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Ktokkie
your carrier is trying to make you pay for something that you do not need to pay for.

If you have a data plan you will be able to use your Z10 to:
- use the browser
- install apps using BlackBerry World
- use BBM
- receive emails, facebook, whatsapp, twitter and so on
- use any apps that go on the internet

the only additional charge you could have is if you want to use your Z10 as a modem.

I repeat, with the Z10, your carrier cannot know if you are using BBM or browsing, it is now all the same for your carrier.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Actually, Alex, that isn't quite true. I had a discussion with BlackBerry support about this when I had issues with my data plan. The carrier still has to map the plan to connect with the BlackBerry system.

So, for example, I had the 9810 before. When I put my sim in the Z10 the TMobile system had to notify the BlackBerry NOC that my device had changed and was now a Z10. BlackBerry applies a plan change on their end that lets the BlackBerry system know what features to allow. So, the carrier still must be able to map the plan to the right plan for the device.

The BIS/BES plan is not needed. On BlackBerry's end it's called the "BB10 Standard Service 110". So the carrier must be able to let BlackBerry know that a BB or BB10 is being used in order to get data to either. The plan shouldn't cost the customer any extra more but the plan must be mapped properly.

Calls to the carrier to get the plan mapping worked out between carrier and BlackBerry should be at NO cost to the customer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

its push and its fast. complicates data plan conversation now though.  trying an alternate set up.  will refresh thoughts tuesday,  

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

John_Clark indeed I have not tried using a SIM card that was used in a BIS plan.

On the other hand, I have tried a SIM card that is not linked to any BIS account, and that has an iPhone data plan, and I can use my Z10 (phones & internet) using the cell network without WiFi and without calling the carrier.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: