Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY Z10 - STL100-2
My Carrier: TELKOM
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Desktop Software doesn't support the BlackBerry 10 OS

I am wanting to sync the Z10 with my Mac andhave both BB Link and BB Desktop Software but the message it gives me is:

This BlackBerry device is running the BlackBerry 10 OS.  BlackBerry Desktop Software doesn't support the BlackBerry 10 OS. Visit www.blackberry.com/support to learn more about how to synchronize your media files, back up and restore device data, and more, with your device.

All Software is up to date both on Mac and on BBZ10

What do I do??

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software doesn't support the BlackBerry 10 OS

You have both Desktop Software and Link set to open when a device is connected to your Mac. You need to go to the settings of Desktop Software (I don't recall exactly what to do but there should be some settings in the top right corner) and set it to not open when a device is connected. Once you have it set to not open when your phone is connected, make sure that Link is set to open. That should resolve your issue.

Let us know if that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Hello and thanks for answering but Settings were nowhere to be found so "Quit" the Desktop Software and now will try with BBLink.  Will let you know.  Thanks

New Contributor

Quit the Desktop Software and its now syncing with BB Link.  Thank you very much.  Any idea why one should ahve both softwres or should I leave the Desktop oneout?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If you no longer have a pre-BB 10 phone, you have no reason to keep Desktop Software.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.