Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

BlackBerry ID/BlackBerry Link and App World Issues

Hello,

I just bought the Z10 yesterday. I downloaded the blackberry link software but it says my blackberry ID is not associated with a phone with OS10. I tired signing in and out of my BB ID but that didn't work.

Not one of my apps were available to download in my app world. (is this because of the ID?)

I tired to download Whatapp and there is an installation error.

Please Help!

Alyssa

Retired
My Device: Z10 9800 9900

Re: BlackBerry ID/BlackBerry Link and App World Issues

Hey Lyss322,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question. To better clarify your issue, BlackBerry Link does not have the functionality to install BlackBerry World Applications. The purpose of signing into your BlackBerry ID on BlackBerry Link is to be able to wirelessly synchronize your media and to remember your settings for backing up and restoring device data.

When you sign into your BlackBerry ID on your BlackBerry Z10, it will associate all applications that were previously associated with a BlackBerry ID such as BlackBerry Messenger.

Currently the BlackBerry 10 uses a new platform than previous BlackBerry OS devices. Application developers would need to develop the application and make it available in BlackBerry World. It is their discretion if the application would need to be re purchased if purchased previously on a BlackBerry OS device.

-Can you provide the exact error message you receive when installing the application?

I look forward to your response.

Cheers,

-WW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!