Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 / Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry Link Stopped loading, Windows 7

I am not sure if after an OS update, or Desktop Link update, however I am unable to load the BlackBerry Desktop link software.  I even uninstalled, rebooted PC and reloaded Link desktop software.  Also, I have noticed the older BlackBerry Desktop 7 will not load as well.  I have a Z10 with the latest Rogers software 10.0.10.85. 

So - clicking on desktop shortcut for BlackBerry Link fails to launch.

- clicking on start menu BlackBerry Link fails to launch.

- remove, reboot and reinstall of BlackBerry Link software for Windows PC. (using Windows 7 Pro)

- BlackBerry link fails to launch.

It worked flawlessly when I bought my Z10.  Not sure if update(s) to Z10 or Link caused this...

Any ideas?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry Link Stopped loading, Windows 7

Double check that you have not put your z10 in USB mass storage mode. (settings, Storage and access, Usb mass storage off).

New Contributor

Turned off all storage modes, now the BlackBerry device manager sees a connection, however the BlackBerry Link software still fails to launch...

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

In windows 7, you have a restore point, can you restore it back to before you installed your BB link or the BB Link Update. It will not wipe out your data.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Hi,

Ive tried to update also and it gets to about 50% and says It cant access user and closes

New Contributor

I don't think it's the issue.  There was an update to both Z10 device and Link when I couldn't use the software.  I don't want to roll back to anything previous at the moment as my desktop is configured as I like it.  I just want to back up my Z10 data as BB Protect is now useless for doing so... Why would they downgrade a feature that was great on the previous OS 6/7/7.1 devices???

New Contributor

Hmm looks like they already know the software is buggy... Umm hello, why would they release  Link 1.0.1 with these issues???

Link - Known Issues

Known Issues

This section lists known issues for BlackBerry Link 1.0.1 bundle 11.

Installation/Connection

In some cases, if BlackBerry Link is set to open when your computer turns on, it might close unexpectedly when your computer starts. (DT 6887507)

On some occasions, if you connect your device to your computer and open BlackBerry Link, BlackBerry Link might close unexpectedly. (DT 6844885)

In some cases, when you are installing BlackBerry Link on your computer, after you have selected your desired language, you might not be able to click

Next to continue the installation process as expected. (DT 6874961)

On some occasions, if you open BlackBerry Link and sign into BlackBerry ID, and if you restart your computer, BlackBerry Link might not launch automatically as expected. (DT 6837657)

Your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet might not to connect to BlackBerry Link as expected after updating your tablet software and you might not be able to sync your media files. (DT 6464609)

Your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet might not to connect to BlackBerry Link as expected after updating your tablet software and you might not be able to sync your media files. (DT 6662747)

In some cases, when you connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, BlackBerry Link might not successfully connect to your device. (DT 6615491)

In some cases, the RIM Device Manager might try to remove devices that were not previously paired from BlackBerry Link. These devices are others that are on the same Wi-Fi network. (DT 6459755)

In some cases, when you connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, BlackBerry Link might not successfully connect to your device. (DT 6302193)

After you uninstall BlackBerry Link, your computer might still contain a shortcut to open the program, and some program files and folders might remain on your computer. (DT 5839142)