Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry World stopped working on my Z10

Angelo, Look at the link here

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/blackberry-world-stuck/m-p/2316929#M18357

On your Z10, just go to the icon named "Music".

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: E785 Z10
My Carrier: SaskTel

Yes you’re right; you can get into app world this way. However, I now have a total of 4 apps trying to update in my world. An error message appears when updating any of these “An Error has occurred processing your request”. I have contacted one of the developers about this: answer was that they did not include my version of the OS with their latest update. They also stated that they didn’t consider the possibility that some Z10’s are still running OS version 10.0.9.xxx For anyone still running OS earlier than 10.1.x.xxx there is no fix. Check your OS version to confirm. If your provider has released OS 10.1, the update should fix the problem. However, if like me, and your provider has not, then nothing can be done unless BB and App developers fix the issue by including earlier OS versions in the updates.

Unless I am mistaken, you can’t even cancel the updates. So they will continue to sit in the folder until successfully installed.

This really sucks!!! A great example of how an oversight can once again ruin the reputation of an exceptional platform.

BB users, please keep in mind that this is not a BB issue. The issue is due to the right (or wrong) combination of App updates and OS.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

It works. I followed steps as described in ukmight's post, and it fixed. Thanks.

AngeloRZ wrote:

For anyone still running OS earlier than 10.1.x.xxx there is no fix.

There is no OS 10.1 released. There IS a developer beta 10.1 released for developers to use and it comes with a stiff warning that the OS is limited and do not expect all apps and functions to work as a normal device.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10 / Passport
My Carrier: O2 UK

ukmight wrote:

This is most likely due to a app update issue. The BB Music workaround should fix thhe problem.
Go to BB Music. Tap the three dots and selet blackberry world. Go to My World and them My Apps and Check for updates. Post this, the app world should function normally.

Genius. I was just going to say I have the same problem and then I saw your excellent solution.  Thanks Smiley Happy

BlackBerry is for Life, not just for Christmas
New Contributor
My Device: E785 Z10
My Carrier: SaskTel

Thanks for the note.

This was a typo with my last post. Should have read 10.0.10.xxx

Using the music shortcut to get into App World works. However, does not fix the fact that I still have 4 Apps trying to install, but can’t because my carrier has not released an update to OS 10.0.10.xxx yet. That is why I was suggesting that this could be an issue related to older operating systems.

Are/have you experiencing this same issue with your BB World?

Were you able to fix by running the updates via the Music Icon work around?

Can you confirm that you are running OS 10.0.10.xxx or 10.0.9.xxx ?

As stated, this fix is not working on my Z10 with OS 10.0.9.xxx, and my provider has informed me that they wouldn’t be releasing the update until mid to late May. Any idea how this issue can be corrected if running OS 10.0.9.xxx ?

Thanks again for your insight.

AngeloRZ wrote:

Can you confirm that you are running OS 10.0.10.xxx or 10.0.9.xxx ?

One Z10 on each. How's that, lol. True.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: Mobinil Egypt

i try to open World app from Music then 3 dots soooo twhere is world app this is screenshot

Nader A. Samaan
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Naderas,

It must be mostly due to the fact that you dont have music in you blackberry world. You can try getting into the app world through the games app. In the games app, select the games tab on the bottom and then select the 3 dots. You should get an option to get into the BB World. From there go on to your my world and check for updates and download your updates. 

The next time you should be able to open up App World normally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

It works. Thank you!!!!!!!