Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AirTel

BlackBerry Z10 Battery Life is VERY LOW!!!

Hi,

The battery life of my BlackBerry Z10 is very low. After a 100% charge it drains in less than 7 hours.

Is it normal for this device or something is wrong with my phone's battery?

I am always logged in to the following apps, 24x7, using 3G network:

1)  Facebook

2)  WhatsApp

3)  Google Talk

4)  1 Official Mail Account (MS Exchange)

5)  2 Yahoo Mail Accounts (All folder sync is enabled)

6)  LinkedIn

Any suggestions or tips??

Thanks,

Ashish

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Z10 Battery Life is VERY LOW!!!

You've got a lot of apps running at once and that will definitely contribute to your battery's performance. If you're getting 7 hours out of your battery with all those apps running, I'd say you're doing fairly well. You can try closing some of them but I suspect you use them all frequently and would rather keep them running.

Topping up your battery's charge throughout the day is not a bad idea. It's recommended that you charge your battery for at least 15 minutes each time you plug it in. You might want to try that. Just keep in mind that the battery in the Z10 is recognized as a very good battery; you wouldn't get 7 hours out of some other smartphones' batteries.

One more suggestion would be to jump over to the Q10. It has a smaller screen but its battery is nothing short of stellar.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Also, try rebooting the phone by removing the battery if you haven't already done so.

Here is a KB that may help, as well.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33669

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

As said, you have a lot of apps opened. 

I found with the Z10, if I turn off the network and the data in the network settings the battery only goes down about 5% to 8% over a 24 hour period. This would be expected. 

When I have to strongly concerve battery power I turn off the network setttings and make sure all the apps are closed. My calls go to my message center. When I need the phone for email and talking, I then turn on the network settings. 

If you need to have phone calls, just leave the main network setting on and leave the data settting turned off. 

I ended up getting the Z30 and using this as my main phone. I use my Z10 as a second phone when required. The Z30 lasts a lot longer than the Z10 for battery usage. 

As for operation the Z30 is very identical. It  has some hardware improvements such as larger speakers, and it has a more refinded noise cancelling. The speakers have a bit of an improved sound for using the speaker phone, and for listing to videos. The larger screen size is a plus for web browsing with the Z30. 

Since I have the Z30, I have not been using my Playbook unless I really need the use of the larger tablet screen. 

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AirTel

Thanks for the quick response guys but none of this solves my problem. I have already shutdown Google Talk and LinkedIn. Hope battery life improves

Is there any way to check if the battery needs a replacement? I do not have a BlackBerry Service Center nearby otherwise I would have checked there.

Previously, I was using BB9380 and with the same apps opened, the battery used to last for more than 12 hours.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You can't compare the old BlackBerry to the new. You might as well compare android to apple. They are completely different.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Hi friend I have a z10 as well when I want my phone to stay alive I close all apps I close the data services (and open them for a couple of minutes) I low the brightness and I think that's it! You can have it for maximum time! Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Go on Amazon and buy a spare battery. Keep it charged up so you always have a back up. It takes less than 60 seconds to swap battery and about 1.5 minutes to reboot. Yes you will have to reopen all the apps that got closed when you pulled the battery. Also download an app called Advanced Mgr. It will keep your phone running smoothly.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Guru II

Actually, buy the battery bundle that comes with the external charger. Best accessory ever for the Z10.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

I suggest you look at an external power bank. Those things are amazing. The prices will vary depending on the power banks capacity (in mAh). The higher the number the more expensive the charger. But it's worth every penny. There are also protective cases for Z10 that have a build in battery that has the capacity as the Z10s battery. It can be charged by USB and they offer whatever the Z10 battery offers.