Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BlackBerry Z10 Desktop Software error. Need help!

Hello sir, 

I have a surveilance software ( .alx and .cod ) and i want to instal them to my BB Z10 . I have the version of software 10.1.......and when i open the Desktop software i got a error. See here ->>>http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6417/7d2p.png     Please help me ASAP. Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Z10 Desktop Software error. Need help!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

1) BB10 is totally new, and alx/cod files are not compatible. You would have to ask in the Developers section of this site as to how to write your app for BB10.

2) BB10 is not compatible with the legacy Desktop Software. Rather, the LINK software is what is used for BB10.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for you fast response.

Can you transfer my post  to the developers section?

I have the surveilance apk in 4 diference executable termination.

I want to instal the apk to my BB Z10 .

.apk (probably is for android)

.jad

.cod

.alx

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oh...that's different from what you first said. If you are not the originator of the app, then the Developer section of this site won't be of any use, for that's for people actually writing the app itself, not those who have various versions of it.

If you can find the bar file of the app somewhere on the internet, you can side-load it to your BB10 via DDPB Installer. There's no guarantee that it'll work correctly, but I've had great luck with side-loads for a few of my favorite apps that are not written for BB10. I don't know how to convert an apk to a bar, but there also are tricks for that. A few minutes searching on Google and I'm sure you'll find all that you need.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor

Have a nice day sir and thanks