Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: -

BlackBerry Z10 and Gmail

I've been trying to get this thing running for a while. Checked tons of sites and updated to the latest OS version.

1. In the advanced mode, I type all the information it needs but I always get "Your login information for IMAP server [imap.gmail.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings." I did, changed my password, disabled 2 step verification and also check with another IMAP client, the password works. 

2. I check this http://pomeroy.me/2013/02/blackberry-z10-gmail-and-2-step-authentication/ and this http://pomeroy.me/2013/02/gmail-google-apps-on-the-blackberry-z10/

3. I don't want to use ActiveSync as it will be disabled by Google soon

4. I also tried the standard mode "Email, Calendar and Contacts", the only thing that changes is the error message: "Make sure your email address and password are entered correctly. If you're trying to add a work account, make sure your enterprise activation code has not expired. Contact your administrator for support.

5. When I was using 2 step verification, I saw that the password was actually used. There's an information on that tells me the date of the last usage. It means that my device is talking to Gmail using the correct password, otherwise Google wouldn't be able to update the last usage date. 

Please make sure Gmail works smoothly! It's not an exotic thing and makes my BlackBerry pretty useless!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BlackBerry Z10 and Gmail

Hi remo987 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

To better assist you, are you using an actual Gmail.com email address or is it a Gmail hosted account?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telecom Personal

I have the same problem but with yahoo too!!! How can i solve it???
My Device: Not Specified

same issue here.

Corporate account with a non gmail alias. Please help.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wondering if there's a fix to this. I'm having the same issue with one of the 2 yahoo email accounts I have set up on my Z10. What's strange is one email account works fine while the other doesn't and they have identical settings on the desktop mail client.