Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry Z10 and GoDaddy Calendar sync issues

I'm posting this because it might be helpful to others since BlackBerry wasn't able to solve my problem but I was able to help THEM.

I moved from iPhone to BlackBerry Z10 and experienced frustration with how GoDaddy calendars don't integrate as simply on BlackBerry as with iPhone. But I have found a work around that works. BlackBerry's documented process does NOT work and they even tried to charge me for the non-solution.

After doing a lot of my own digging, the solution found is surprisingly simple (I had to tell BlackBerry how to do this), expecially if you're moving from an iPhone and look carefully at the iPhone settings (take note of the advanced settings in iPhone as noted below

Here are the steps:

1. Click on the SETTINGS icon among your apps

2. ACCOUNTS (set up email, contacts, calendars)

3. ADD ACCOUNT (at bottom)

4. ADVANCED (at bottom)

5. Scroll down to CALDAV, click omn it and begin to enter the following fields

- DESCRIPTION - whatever you want label

- USERNAME: Your email address

- EMAIL ADDRESS: - enter your email address again

- SERVER ADDRESS: This is where it's different than what BlackBerry or your service provider will tell you. They will tell you to enter caldav.secureserver.net but DON'T. Instead it's a URL that will be specific to you and if you're moving from iPhone, you can find it by clicking on the iPhone calendar set up under advanced set up:Account Url:  It's essentially the URL which points directly to your specific calendar at GoDaddy  I will look something like:

https://caldav.secureserver/principle/users/then a string of info relating to your account info.com/

6. CLICK DONE at top and it will go through a 30 second saving process and ifd you've gotten the info, the calendar will show up in your accounts and will begin to sync over the next few minutes.

Sorry if this isn't all 100% clear but hopefully it will be helpful to someone!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 , Playbook 32G

Re: BlackBerry Z10 and GoDaddy Calendar sync issues

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much for your post.

I had issues with the info.  After hours on chat support with GoDaddy (no help there).  I was finally able to get it set up.  I used my brothers iPhone to get the URL required for the setup (GoDaddy did not have the knowledge to get the URL for me).

Here are the instructions:

FOR BLACKBERRY 10 SETUP

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap Accounts
  3. Tap Add Account
  4. Tap Advanced
  5. Tap Add CalDAV Account.
  6. Complete the following fields.
    • Description — Enter a name for your Calendar to display on your phone.
    • Username — Enter your Calendar user name, which is your email address.
    • Email Address — Enter your Calendar email address, which is your email address.
    • Password — Enter your Calendar password.
    • Server Address — Type https://caldav.secureserver.net/principals/users/EMAIL ADDRESS/ <-- insert your email address in full where it says EMAIL ADDRESS and make sure of the / at the end
  7. Tap Done.

Hopefully this will help people.  Email me if you would like more info or help: brian@bwelectric.ca

Thanks,

Brian

Regular Contributor

I am having issues with the GoDaddy Calendar again.  Seems that the CalDAV sync to my Z10 and also my workers GS4 have stopped working a month ago.  I believe it to be something on GoDaddy's end that created this problem. 

I have tried:

- Changing login password

- Deleting Calendar account off Z10 and re-adding it

- Creating a new GoDaddy Calendar and email account

Error message when trying to set up the CalDAV account is:

The server for account Test - test@bwelectric.ca - test@bwelectric.ca [caldav.secureserver.net,port: None] can't be reached.  The setttings might be incorrect or the server could be temporarily offline.  Check your settings and try again.

I am going to get an iPhone again and setup the calendar account again and see if the server address has changed.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Found the solution to my recent syncing issue as of Aug 2014.

FOR BLACKBERRY 10 SETUP

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap Accounts
  3. Tap Add Account
  4. Tap Advanced
  5. Tap Add CalDAV Account.
  6. Complete the following fields.
    • Description — Enter a name for your Calendar to display on your phone.
    • Username — Enter your Calendar user name, which is your email address.
    • Email Address — Enter your Calendar email address, which is your email address.
    • Password — Enter your Calendar password.
    • Server Address — Type https://caldav.secureserver.net:8443/principals/users/EMAIL ADDRESS/ <-- insert your email address in full where it says EMAIL ADDRESS and make sure of the / at the end

NOTE: The :8443 was needed now as of Aug. 2014 for an unknown reason. GoDaddy told me to get a new device as my device wasn't syncing anymore. Their technical support is **bleep** but I was able to find the solution.

7. Tap Done.

Hopefully this will help people.  Email me if you would like more info or help: brian@bwelectric.ca

Thanks,

Brian