Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Ben

BlackBerry Z10 doesn't boot anymore

Hi,

Since yesterday my beloved Z10 stopped working Smiley Sad. At some point I wanted to check my phone and it was completely dead while the battery wasn't low before. So I tried charging it, no such luck. After holding the power button, sometimes the led flashes just very briefly. Another way to get the led to light is by taking out the battery and attaching the phone to the USB adapter. However, it still won't boot! I'm afraid my phone went haywire, however it's not two years old yet.

I'm guessing I can get it fixed somehow, someway?

Thanks in advance,

Arjen

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry Z10 doesn't boot anymore

Could it be this?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB36038

There is an OS update patch that solves this problem. However, the immediate issue is getting the device to start up so the patch can be applied. Here are a couple of methods that have worked for others:

A. Using a known charged battery

1. Start BB with charged battery - borrowed, spare, etc.

2. Connect to charger

3. Remove charged battery

4. Insert dead battery

5. Charging of dead battery will start.

B. If you can't get access to another battery, try this:

1. Charge device for 2 hours

2. Remove device from charger

3. Remove battery

4. Leave battery out of device for at least 15 minutes

5. (may not be required) with battery out i held power button for 10-15 seconds a number of times (this might help drain any remaining power within the device itself)

6. Place Battery back into device

7. Place device back on charge (hopefully the red led will come on then go off and after a period of time the device will restart)

Then install the patch by following the instructions here:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Critical-Update-for-OS-10-2...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I honestly doubt any of the above will work. Since I've tried so many things already. But I'll give it a shot. Both of the methods, and I'll let you know.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Had you just recently updated the OS?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes, in fact I had. Don't know the version number though... can't access my phone of course.

Guru II

The update has a bug where the battery won't charge when the phone shuts off due to low battery. There is already a fix but you have to get the device booted. It's probably just a dead battery. Once it's charged load the patch per my instructions.

New Contributor

No such luck. I tried taking a fully charged battery from another Z10. The thing that worried me before is that the phone won't even boot when the battery is left out and the phone is connected to the charger. It only lights the LED for a few seconds. I don't think it's software related.

Know how I can contact BlackBerry warranty related?

Guru II

You have to go through your wireless service provider. usually, the warranty is only one year but that depends on where you live.

New Contributor

Well, thank you for your effort. I whish there was a way to contact BlackBerry itself though, since I doubt my service provider will do anything about it. And, in Europe, warranty on all electronic devices is atleast two years by law. So I should be OK in terms of warranty...

Guru II

If you didn't get the Z10 from your wireless provider then warranty can be tough.