Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: AT&T

BlackBerry z10 10.2 update

[ Edited ]

Does anyone out there know when at&t gonna release OS 10.2 for the Blackberry z10 thank you 

release OS10.2 

Jason curl
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry z10 10.2 update

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Officially, no one here can know...or, if they do know, they cannot say. This is a user-to-user community, not a source for anything truly official.

Unofficially, it sounds like 10.2 will begin rolling out later this month, starting in Asia/Pacific. If things go the way they normally do, it will roll from there to the west, landing in the USA last. But, only AT&T can state officially when they intend to roll it out...and, normally, no one ever officially states any forward looking information such as this.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: VZW

As previously stated, ATT, like most US carriers (if not all), does not give us a date in advance of releasing a new OS. Anything up until the availability is generally a rumor. However, there is an easy solution for ATT subscribers to get an OS10.2 update. You can purchase a Rogers (Canadian carrier) SIM card (available on Amazon) and insert it in your device. There might be a specific type of card and you would have to research and decide if this is what you want to do. Once the correct SIM is inserted you can update to the latest Rogers OS and it is perfectly compatible with your ATT Z10. This OS is "official" and not a "leak." Once the update is complete you put your ATT SIM back into your device and you're good to go. Of course, you should run a back up before any update.

It's been widely rumoured that the eagerly awaited and official 10.2.1.xxxx is to be begin release around January 28. Unfortunately, the rest of the planet usually gets the update before the good old USA. It's also rumoured that US carriers have bypassed the 10.2 release but will be on board with 10.2.1. We just don't know when. Chances are Rogers will get it before we do and their SIM card will come in handy for that. This method does NOT work on a VZW branded device but other methods exist to update to 10.2.

If you notice, many of the mods on this site are running the leaked OS 10.2.1.1925. It's a generally safe precedure but more work than loading an official OS from another carrier. Fortunately, there's a lot of info available and it's usually best to do some research if you're outside your comfort zone.

VZW Z10 on OS 10.2.1.2234
Super Contributor

jcclive1 wrote:

Does anyone out there know when at&t gonna release OS 10.2 for the Blackberry z10 thank you 

release OS10.2 

it usually takes awhile with AT&T.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: VZW

donb wrote:

jcclive1 wrote:

release OS10.2 

it usually takes awhile with AT&T.

I believe ATT has 10.2.1.537 since February for Z10. There might be a more current release with all the OS frenzy with various carriers over the past week. Just go to Settings and scroll down to Software Updates and Check for Updates. Maybe you'll get lucky...

Also, with ATT you can put a Rogers SIM card in your device and get their latest version.

VZW Z10 on OS 10.2.1.2234
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

i tried Software Updates and it says I have the latest (10.1).  No such luck for me i guess.