Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: mtn Nigeria

BlackBerry z10 software upgrade

I just upgraded my z10 software yesterday and the 2 negatives I noticed were; my Facebook inbox cannot open and all the messages are gone. Secondly, text messages from my contacts now appear without a name but only the phone numbers as if they were not from my contacts. I don't know why I upgraded this software, I'm now full of regrets.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: UFONE

Re: BlackBerry z10 software upgrade

it would be good to backup the things before you upgrade and then do wipe for smooth experience and then restore your things back

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi Kenmege,

I faced the same problem, later i took a backup of my device - wiped the entire device and restored everything back. It works fine now. 

Yous should do the same and iam positive it will work fine.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kenmege, often it will take several hours for your contacts ribs uncle back to the device and if they have not completely synced back, your SMS will have the number only until they are all synced back.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code