Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry10 / Z10 Issues

So I’ve had my BlackBerry Z10 for a week now and I’m loving it!  I can’t seem to put it down.

I’ve been a BB user for more than 7 years now and I can honestly say that BlackBerry has finally caught up with Android/iOS devices, but there is still a long way to go.

Having said that, there are some really annoying issues:

1. Ability to make a phone call to a contact while viewing a text or BBM message from that contact.

-In the old OS, I  can have a conversation with a person via text or BBM and then chose to call them to continue the conversation with one click of a button.

Right now, I have to get out of the BBM/Text message app and then go into the phone and call them. 

They definitely have real-estate in the menu bar to put a phone icon and have the ability to call that contact.

2. Social Feed/Hub Application needed.

I used the Social Feeds app quite a bit in the old OS.  It allowed me to view feeds from all my  social channels AND have the ability to POST an update from one spot and be able to Post it in the selected social channels.

I might want to share something on FB and Twitter – I now have to do it separately.

3. Facebook Newsfeed

The Facebook newsfeed is not in chronological order.  It shows up random updates in a very random order.  Looks like it’s a bug.

4. Twitter App

You cannot send or view a Direct Message (DM) from the Twitter app itself.  You have to go into the Hub to do so.  Pretty weird considering that you are within the Twitter app and cannot do a twitter function.

Trends – You cannot view trends within a specific geographic location (This was available in the old OS).

5. Notifications

When I swipe down from the top to see the quick options and select Notifications > it allows me to change my notifications.

However, after I’m done, it takes me back to the Settings Application (I guess because Notifications is within the Settings App).  There should be a quickview to change Notifications – like in the previous OS.

Additionally, it takes a VERY LONG time to load up the screen when selecting something from the quick menu at the top.

6. Remember App

-I cannot seem to set a reminder for an item.  If I put a task and wanted to be reminded at a specific time of the day – I cannot do that.  The Tasks app in the old OS did have that feature.

I was also never able to get my contacts from my old BB to the new one Smiley Sad  .  Media Card device switch doesn't switch over contacts.  I've tried using BB Link and it gets stuck on "Smart Card Options 1 of 1 Record" when doing a backup.  I've tried to clear that database using Desktop Mgr, but still no luck Smiley Sad

My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: BlackBerry10 / Z10 Issues

Hello Bala

Thank you for your post. 

We really appreciate your feedback on the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

I will start with your Facebook question. Please have a look at the following article regarding your news feed being out of order: 

Facebook News Feed does not display all posts

Regarding your issue with backing up your device, please have a look at the following article which should help you out. 

"Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the...

As for your other concerns please know that we here at BlackBerry have seen them and they have been noted.

Please let us know if we can be of any other assistance. 

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry10 / Z10 Issues

I tried the Facebook Sort fix....didn't work!

Another question:  I've got a backup file of my previous BB.  Is there a way to use that backup file to get data into the BB10?