Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: TELUS

Blackberry Presenter

Does anyone know if blackberry is going to add support for the z10 for the blackberry presenter
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Presenter

Didn't they stop support for that in some of the last BB devices? I thought I read that somewhere. I could be wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor

I hope not.   I use it all of the time and I miss it already on my bb10

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

What device did you have last? It was my understanding that the Presenter didn't work with the newer devices OS 7 devices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor

Last used on my BlackBerry Bold. Worked perfectly 

Guru II

If I go to buy one on CrackBerry.com it says not compatible with the Z10, 9900, 9810, 9800, 9850, etc. It shows compatible with the 9700 and 9780. I don't put a lot of stock in CrackBerry, though.

I've found Bluetooth to be limited on the Z10, though. It won't upload my address book to my car when my 9810 did.

Regular Contributor

Ironically I have the opposite experience. In my car a BMW 5 series my bold wouldn't transfer my address book but it does work with my z10

Guru II

Interesting. I just connected mine tonight and couldn't get the import to work. It was a little glitchy with the older devices but did work.

On a 2008 Honda Odyssey.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Bluetooth functionality has changed a lot since 2008, and I'm sure that the "standards" that the manufacturers were following when implementing it into vehicles were interpreted differently than they are now, and it certainly varied from manufacturer to manufacturer as well.

I have a 2009 Camry Hybrid and it is only able to accept one bluetooth contact at a time, the 2010 model can suck in a whole address book without issue. If only we could update the firmware on our car radios! Smiley Very Happy

When they are powered by QNX... we will be able to!

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Jjang wrote:

Ironically I have the opposite experience. In my car a BMW 5 series my bold wouldn't transfer my address book but it does work with my z10

I had the same issue with My Torch 9810, wouldn't transfer all my contacts on my BMW 5 series and works great with the z10.