Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Blackberry Protect fail to wipe a remote my BB9900. Help please.

The phone will always show up on the protect website until you remove it online. I still have my Z10 in my blackberry protect account, and it won't tell me if its been wiped. It still says "Pending: this command will be delivered the next time your device is connected to a wireless network" next to Display Message. Even though I know for a fact that my phone is connected to a network since I did have its new owner on bbm for a period of time.

I never wiped my phone personally, since I figured the password I had on it would do that for me. However, if none of the options on protect are working, then your phones probably already been wiped by the theif... or they've deleted the blackberry ID associated with the phone. Hopefully it's the first one.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Okay makes sense. I lost mine two days ago so I'm that it will turn up somewhere at some point. I've got some friends keeping track with the BBM Pin and seeing if messages go through and if the phone starts responding at some point. As of now only check marks are showing up for those messages being sent to that PIN. Just gotta wait and see what happens I guess?
New Contributor

Basically. If there's no D above the check mark though it means that your phones not active currently. The intial checkmark just means that the person who sent that message bbm is working. Without the D the message is undelivered, but could be delivered once the phone is turned on, and the person with the phone still has those contacts on bbm.

I would suggest not sending messages for long period of time. Then re-adding the PIN and hoping for an acceptance to your invitation.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Fair enough. I believe there is no way to track the phone through the PIN though correct? I guess I'm just going to monitor the BBM and see if anything changes overtime and try to get the name and any other information once the BBM is active.
New Contributor

No Smiley Sad 

Goodluck! I hope your able to get it back!