Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Non Blackberrry User Yet
My Carrier: 3

Blackberry Service with BB10

Hey Blackberry Fans!

Im really looking forward to get the Z10 somehow. Since the availability in my country doesnt show up at all even on the main homepage of the z10. It seems that Blackberry isnt so popular here at all.(Sweden)

Anyhow i think im going to order it from an European reseller which hopefully will work in the Swedish networkSmiley Happy
My question is since it seems that older Blackberrys have required to have a specific service here to even use the phone for email and internet. And in some cases i have even heard that you would required that to use the phone at all..

Is that still the case with the Z10 with the whole new operating system? Or can i just use all the services (BBM included) with my current subscription?

Grateful for any answer regarding thisSmiley Happy

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: Blackberry Service with BB10

Your in luck they abandon us to accommodate you! I was wondering what market they were going after.

You'll never know how shot the email is now and thinks it's great.

Really nice phone, really bad business decision.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

Yes you can now use BlackBerry 10 with regular mobile internet data, since it no longer requires BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) like previous versions. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thats really great newsSmiley Happy Basically every carrier says that either its still required or that you only can use the phone function since they havent heard about it being compatible.

It has really been no communicating towards the carriers here or info. So thanks againSmiley Happy
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

So i can also acess the BBM Service aswell as using the regular data services? Since that has been seperated too before.

Just wanted to be sure.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

Yes you can use BBM, browsing, email etc. without needing BIS now.

Regular Contributor

Don't feel left out we have gotten to discover it all by trial and error too. Total launch fail here in the US from an information standpoint
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Launch Failure!

That description indicates either a crowded sales department or a feeling of loss!

BB Z10 gives customers a chance to learn about new technology, at home and from on-call support.

We want a sales department that supports intuitive development, not zombie formulas.

Uniquely, equations support both known and unknown positions.

Choice remains connected to self achievment; not just an adjustment suggested through others.

Watch!

Regular Contributor

Wakanda-

Definitely loss. The loss of fast reliable email.

The device will firm up and the toys are nice and BlackBerry will thrive or die in the consumer eye. It is no longer differentiated a business tool however.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

FYI...it's a "loss" for some, but a gain for others. There are very different pricing and capability features in different parts of the world for BIS.

For example, here in the USA, the best monthly price I could obtain for a BIS-plan was US$50/month with limited talk time (100 minutes, I think) and very limited (250MB, I think) data usage. Unlike some other countries, there is no "unlimited" BIS data in the USA at any of the lower prices. Further, in many countries, BIS is a "bolt on", incurring additional monthly costs over and above the also-required "generic" data plan (in the USA, often US$10/month).

With BB10, I have a US$30/month plan that includes 100minutes talk time, unlimited SMS, and 5GB of 4G data (it drops to slower speeds after 5GB, but data is truly unlimited). And all of my BB-proprietary services function perfectly (well, those that I use).

So, for me, BB10 is a wonderful choice now, where before it was a much more difficult decision to use a BB or not.

As for the loss of the hosted email services...that seems to me to have been an economical decision. Consider -- by eliminating BIS, BlackBerry is reducing their revenue. As a good capitalistic entity, they must reduce costs so as to remain profitable. If there is an adequate "free" alternative to hosting a service internally (as there pretty much is under BB10), then that seems to me to be a rather good business decision to make. I realize that many came to rely heavily on those hosted email accounts...but, well -- the only constant in the universe is change.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................