Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: NCell

Blackberry World Connection Problem

Since i upgraded to the lateset os on my Z10 i'm not able to get in to Blackberry World. I get this messsage " There was a connection proble. Blackberry world must close". I've tried accessing it from the games app but still not able. So if any one can help me out, will really appreciate it.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry World Connection Problem

Two questions:

Are you on mobile or wifi?

Does the error message pop up almost instantly or does it take a few moments before the error message is displayed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

i've tried to access frm both wifi and mobile as well but to no avail yet.. and it takes around 30-40 sec for the error msg to pop up..

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Can you connect to appworld.blackberry.com on a PC connected to the same wifi network?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II

Actually, I see your carrier is NCell. Is that in Nepal? If so, your country has not approved access to BBWorld. Sorry.

New Contributor

ya Ncell is nepalese carrier..

Guru II

Unfortunately, you can't access BBWorld from Nepal.

New Contributor

ohh.. is it possible to change the app store location to another country so that i'm able to access bb world some what like in itunes..

Guru II

No, it uses your IP address for location so you can't. The only way to do it is to use a VPN of some kind, though I've never seen anyone say they were successful.

New Contributor

thanks for ur help...i guess i've to use apk sites for apps..