Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Blackberry World Movie doesn't display in Landscape mode on the Projector

I followed the following steps to preview (with an intent to rent) a movie (SkyFall) through Blackberry World

1. I connected my Z10 to my projector (Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350) through the micro-HDMI port

2. The movie preview shows up correctly (in Landscape mode) on the Z10 but it shows up in Potrait mode on the Projector (titled by an angle of 90 degrees upward relative to the normal Landscape mode). I tried to use the Rotation Lock but that didn't help.

This seems to be a defect as when I watch my home made movie through StoryMaker it correctly projects the movie in Landscape mode on the Projector and on my Z10.

This is service affecting issue (and will result in loss of revenue for Blackberry) and IMO you should be putting out a patch to fix this issue asap. If you want to have a screen sharing session I will be more than happy to have one. If you want pictures of how it looks like on the projector I will be more than happy to provide those.

Additional Features that can help...

- While the movie is playing there should be a option to tilt/invert the image that is projected to the Projector through the micro-HDMI port - this will help one to control the projections of movie on the Projector.

- Provide the capability to change the aspect ratio while watching a movie 

BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry World Movie doesn't display in Landscape mode on the Projector

This is a known issue that will affect the preview only.  Please see KB33585

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry World Movie doesn't display in Landscape mode on the Projector

Thanks a lot -BD-.

Here is a suggestion to help inform the user so that Blackberry doesn't end up loosing business - Blackberry should post a notification to the Blackberry ID (through BBM) or better yet make it appear as a quick notification when somebody goes to watch the preview - warning them about this in case they are watching it on the projector.

Please also consider supporting these additional features:
- While the movie is playing there should be a option to tilt/invert the image that is projected to the Projector through the micro-HDMI port - this will help one to control the projections of movie on the Projector.
- Provide the capability to change the aspect ratio while watching a movie