Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: BB - Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Blackberry Z10 -Cogeco email

I ran into the same trouble, only that I used gprs.fido.ca when I was outside of my wifi area.

I was on the phone with Fido for nearly two hours today and they didn't know what to do.  They eventually made a call to Blackberry.

Blackberry suggested I go to fido.blackberry.com (I don't know what everyone else's cell provider link would be) and I had to sign in and "register" my Blackberry with Fido (using the PIN).  I was then told to power down, take the battery out, put it back in and start up again and there would be a "red icon on the screen" that would allow me to add my email properly.

Yeah, didn't happen and now Fido's customer service went down at 2 p.m. and isn't expected up again until later tomorrow afternoon.

At this rate, I may either buy another SIM and start using my iPhone 4 again until there is a proper fix, or just return the Z10 altogether.  I haven't had proper email access on this thing for a week and no one can give any answers.

Contributor
My Device: BB - Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Blackberry Z10 - Cogeco email

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:  I just got off the phone with Blackberry directly (after nearly another 2 hrs) and after several attempts at changing SSL settings, adding/deleting username/password in SMTP sections, etc. I was told that it is the fault of Cogeco that the Z10 won't receive email outside my WiFi network and that I should talk to them.

I told them my previous phone accepted multiple SMTPs and that allowed me to send email from virtually anywhere.

Their answer: here is some literature, please contact Cogeco.   So the answer for Cogeco email users is: 

1) Outside your wifi connection: use your cell provider's SMTP, or change to / forward to a web-based email

2) Using your wifi connection: use the smtp.cogeco.ca OR don't use wifi while mailing

Blackberry's answer is here: KB29891

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I had the same problem for rogers set the SMTP Server Address to smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com

Works for me now.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Using smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com worked for me.
I'll have to test it again when I'm wifi connected.

Many thanks!