Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Leap
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Z10 Hub Configuration Anomalies?

[ Edited ]

This is my second attempt to post this one!   I have noticed a couple of minor quirks with the BB10 hub:

1.  I had assumed (never assume!) that the hub configuration on the extended menu (Settings>Hub Management) would allow one to totally exclude some messages from appearing in the Hub message listings e.g.. in my case Facebook.  Checking excluded messages would then entail going to the source app from time to time.  Turns out this is not the case: exclusion appears to mean not appearing in the icon/count display that appears on the BB10 "idle" screen"

2.  Assuming my #1 is correct there seems to be a minor bug in this "exclusion" behaviour -- I tried to suppress all except for my main email source but "Twitter" stubbornly refuses to leave.  Twitter is still there after inviting it back and asking it to leave again and trying the 5 swipe hub reset.

Not a big deal for me but maybe clarification or fixing at some point would be nice.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 Hub Configuration Anomalies?

Hi bskitmor,

Disabling an inbox from the Hub Management only removes it from your main Hub screen. You can still access each individual inbox by touching the Hub icon in the lower left corner of the screen.

I'm not quite clear on the behavior you are referring to in your #2 comment.  When you disable the Twitter option, do your mentions and direct messages still appear in the main Hub view?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Leap
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Z10 Hub Configuration Anomalies?

I think I have finally got this -- disabling in hub management filters out messages of the selected inboxes in the main screen but only from the point in time where you change the config (historical messages still show up presumably because they are cached that way on the phone).  The message counts on the "idle" screen seem to be for each configured application regardless of main screen filtering.  I have verified this through testing.

My problem with twitter seems to be a Twitter problem and not a BB10 problem -- even though I delete Twitter messages in my BB10 they re-appear shortly thereafter.  Perhaps I need to understand Twitter a little better!

Anyhow I'm OK for now and thanks for the help.