Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Z10 USB Mass Storage issues

My Blackberry Z10 doesnt show up on my PC as a Mass Storage Device, and if I go into the settings on the phone the setting to turn it on only applies to the SD card. I have Blackberry Link on my PC installed, but putting movies and videos onto the Z10 this way is so much harder than simply dragging and dropping if it simply popped up as a drive on my laptop. Ive read the manual online and seen that my Z10 should pop up as a Drive on my computer, one drive for SD card and one for the main storage, so where am i going wrong, why cant i find this drive on my computer. One point to note was that before i installed Blackberry link, the first time i plugged the phone into my laptop it popped up as a drive on my laptop with links to download Blackberry, but i dont think it was the real drive, now i cant get the drive anywhere, it doesnt come up when i plug the phone in or if i click computer it isnt in the list of drives. HELP would be much appreicated! Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Z10 USB Mass Storage issues

Hi and welcome to the forums!

This article is not listed for a Blackberry 10 device but I believe it will be a valid test. Basically looking at the problem from the PC hardware definitions.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB19717 The BlackBerry smartphone is not detected as a USB Mass Storage Device when connected to a computer

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you I shall give it a try, is the blackberry z10 supposed to appear as a drive on my computer? And would un installing blackberry link from my computer maybe make my BlackBerry device pop up as a drive when I plug it in without link or anything PC blackberry software? Much appreciated 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

"Overview:

"Shared network drives do not appear when attempting to access a shared network drive using the File Manager application on the BlackBerry 10 device.

Cause:

"There are 3 possible causes for this issue, and these are as follows:

1. The BlackBerry 10 device is not currently enrolled on a BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 server.
  2. The shared network drives have not been configured in the BlackBerry Work Drives application.
  3. The File Manager is being accessed from the personal perimeter instead of the work perimeter.

Let me know your thoughts  on this one.

Thanks,

Bifocals

B33581 A network share set up using BlackBerry Work Drives does not appear in the File Manager on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I'm having the exact same issue. My Z10 will not detect as a USB Mass Storage Device or Network Drive. I tried the fix you mentioned which reboots the phone but no luck. I have tried this on 3 different PCs. I have not been able to move ANY media on to my Z10. I have also tried using the wireless functionality for this aswell with no luck.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

My phone works great as USB drive. You have to turn it on in the settings. I am so surprised, I am on holiday now and forgot to take my charger for the laptop with me, I copied quickly the movies on to my Z10 before the laptop died, and now I connected my Z10 to the tv at the hotel as a USB drive with my charger cable and it works! Even the tv sees my Z10 and i can watch my movies. I live this phone
New Contributor

I believe the USB setting you are referring to is for the media card, not the built in memory on the phone. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes it is. Correct.
New Contributor

My built in memory won't mount as a virtual drive. Tried on several PCs. Thinking I may have a dud considering my coworker has the exact same phone without the issues.

Trusted Contributor

I will try tomorrow and see if I can mount on my windows and Linux without the sd card