Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Blackberry Z10 completely dead

My Z10 froze last night (as it has done several times in the couple of weeks I have had it).  I pressed the power button so I could chose to Restart option.  When I hit the Restart the phone went dead.  It won't even take a charge (although the battery was almost full when this happened).  When I plug it in to charge it the light doesn't even come on to show it's charging.  This thing is dead to the world.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Blackberry Z10 completely dead

Try pulling the battery, wait 5 minutes, then reinstall. If it doesn't come back, either the battery is completely dead, or your OS has been corrupted.

Unlikely, but you might be able to connect via USB to the link software and 'rescue' it.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Summit if needed try the os reload process outlined here. Good luck.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/How-to-Reload-your-Blackberr...
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

Did you ever get it to boot again? I'm having the problem. Restarted after just pulling it off the charger and it won't reboot. I have had nothing but problems with the phone.
Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Are you pressing the power button for at least 10 seconds? Sometimes, and for some reason, the phone needs a "hard" start (ie., reset).

My Device: z10
My Carrier: ee

same thing happened to mine, got it on the 16th feb in store on 15th march died - have called did all the tips given over the phone, taking battery out, plugging in to laptop, plugging in to different chargers, cleaning inside etc etc, was the told to take it back into store where they did the same again and tried with different batteries but all in all its completely dead and has been sent off to be repaired under warrenty, which takes 6 weeks and i have been given a ''Loan'' phone

have been advised by my network that its not uncommon and at the time i called the advisor told me she had taken 5 calls that day reporting dead z10's

really disapointed as i love the phone but i use it for work so may need to move to an iphone or something more reliable

New Contributor
My Carrier: koodo mobile

Getting exact same thing...got told same info about sending it for repair/loaner phone. Have tried all recommended actions, even put a charged battery from another z10, no effect.

Hoping its repairable because they said if its not they will send refurbished phone under 90 day warranty. I want my 600 dollar + z10, not someones previously broken model.

Seeing where this is such a new device, I doubt it's likely you'd get a refurb.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

Ugh... this just happened to me.  Bought it saturday... come monday morning it was gone.  Pulling, waiting, and replacing the battery did help... but this is a reaaaaalllly bad omen for the device as a whole

I'd do as suggested above, drop by Verizon and exchange. Quickly.

There will always be a bad device here and there. Without knowing much more, it could simply be a faulty battery.

Knowledge Base Updates