Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: T Mobile
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Z10 crahses; won't turn off via off button, and struggles to access the hub

I have just received a new blackberry Z10; which I beleieve was reconditioned from my provider Vodafone.

The blackberry is so bad, that they have actually sent me a knew phone and do not want this blackberry back, but I am frustrated by it.

When receiveing the blackberry, I received the unlock code to unlock it, this worked perfectly.  Once unlocked I entered my  Vodafone sim card as did not need to use it with another sim card as yet.

Firstly I updated the blackberry for the latest software and completed the set up process.

Then I restored my old data from my previous Blackberry Z10 which also did not work (different problems)

The phone freezes (crashes) and does various things; either the screen freezes and you cannot even use the turn off button, I have to take the battery out to restart it, or I have to the screen does not freeze but you cannot access texts/emails or contacts, and it says 'preparing the hub' but never actually gets into it.

Occassionally it will allow me to use the off button, but mostly I have to take the battery out and put in again to start up.

It is possible to make a  call sometimes, but it cuts off during the call.

I have reset the blackberry back to factory settings, and even tried using it with out a restore in, just in case my data was corrupted somehow.

I have tried using it with a different network sim, and also tried with out a sim, so just using it on the wifi, same problems.

I have been sent a new battery so have tried two batteries.

I have reset to factory settings several times.

Any help would be appreciated.

Linda

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Z10 crahses; won't turn off via off button, and struggles to access the hub

It sounds like there is some kind of hardware problem with the device. However, the one thing you could try is to reload the OS from scratch with an autoloader.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Z10 crahses; won't turn off via off button, and struggles to access the hub

Thank you very much; I will try this tonight.

Do I have to download to a windows PC, or can I do it on my mac book?

Hopefully this will work. I do think it is a hardware problem, but supplier could not sort it out with their technical help.

Linda

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The autoloaders require a PC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thank you again
Linda
New Contributor

Sadly this did not work.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you for your efforts so far.

I guess after this; the result is the bin for this Z10, which I can hardly beleive.

Linda

Guru II

It happens to any kind of equipment.