Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry Z10 does not sync with Outlook

PJCMoray wrote:

Frankly, I did not have the courage to try again. The waiting time to get through to Blackberry technocal support on the advertised phone numbers over the last three days has been an average of 15 minutes before you even get to speak to the first indiviudal.

I don't have any sound advice apart telling you to try again in a couple of weeks. Hopefully their support center will receive less calls.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

You are of course kidding!

Two weeks to assist in putting right a fundamental problem is not my idea of appropriate, let alone expected, service.

PJCMoray
Guru I

This is not a joke. I believe it will take several months to add this feature.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

BlackBerry, you have 24 hours ti get tour **bleep** together or I'm going to blow this Z10 sky high!

Lol, memes are fun.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor

OK - I thought that you were suggesting that I should accept that BlackBerry will take two weeks to start responding in a timely manner to telephone calls to their customers

I am resigned to the update to BlackBerry Link taking two months or more. 

PJCMoray
Guru I

PJCMoray wrote:

OK - I thought that you were suggesting that I should accept that BlackBerry will take two weeks to start responding in a timely manner to telephone calls to their customers

No, I was not suggesting that. Let me explain.

Currently you are not satisfied because reaching that level of support ("The BB 10 guys") is taking a lot of time, when it simply does not work (line interrupted). So my guess is that the BlackBerry support are really very much requested, by the new Z10 owners or by the carriers level1 helpdesk.

Taking that as a fact, you can either:

• try again right now, and maybe wait for a long time, unsuccessfully
  • wait to try again later (the two weeks you are referring to)

From RIM's perspective, to immediately deliver a better support than on Monday February 11th:

• they can make the information flow to the phone support teams (ie the fact that this feature will arrive)
  • they can enhance their decision making diagrams (the tools the staff use to very swiftly be able to reach the proper section of their knowledge base)
  • they cannot hire more people to do the support, because training those people would take a lot of time

I am not saying that RIM was right to not forecast to have more support staff.

I am not saying that waiting two weeks to be able to reach support is acceptable.

I am not saying that waiting several months before having this feature delivered to the BlackBerry Link is joyful.

Trusted Contributor

What can I say - but Amen to everything tht you have set out!!

Let's hope that BB move quickly to sort out this depressing mess

Thanks again

PJCMoray
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Again Xandrex, who are you?  Give them a couple weeks and then call back?  So when your toyota, mercedes or ford's ac stops or its heat quits you say "np,  ill come back in a couple weeks after youve digested your doughnuts and coffee?"

this is silly.  You are not independent.  this thread of discussion has been beaten to death under another label yet you refrain from referring to it.  

Ive had it.  

Visitor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Great phone, lousy for business...Z10 will not sync Outlook calendar or contacts.  Incoming meeting requests do not go into current calendar platform.  We bought several for our company because of all of our travel and we needed Skype. Apparently Skype is coming (no real details on when).  When we purchased the phones we directly asked... Does it presently have Skype?, reply :YES. Will it sync our Outlook data like our other BlackBerry’s, reply: YES.  

And no...we do not want to go to the cloud with personal data, calendar, and contacts.

From BlackBerry - “PIM synchronization over USB connection between your desktop mail client (eg. Microsoft Outlook) and your BlackBerry Z10 is not currently supported, however BlackBerry is committed to including this later this year. Please stay tuned at http://BlackBerry.com/BlackBerryLink­ for more updates.”

It would be nice to have a more definitive answer. When we sell our products and hardware and knowingly (not publish) sell a decreased basic functionality business platform, we cannot get away with “Stay Tuned”.

It feels like us Canadians were used as guinea pigs from our beloved Canadian company.  As a strong supporter of BlackBerry I am extreme;y disappointed.  You have really let us small business owners down.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: TelusMobility

make sure when you add your contact to your BBz10 that you add it to the correct Contacts List

while in contacts press the bottom-right corner and Select your Outlook Contacts