Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Z10 does not sync with Outlook

Thanks for this but does this also work for calendar as well?

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Personally, I'd create an Outlook.com email account and use the link I just posted to move my contacts online. That way I wouldn't need to use a PC to sync my contacts anymore.

If you have no specific reason to keep contacts solely in Outlook on the PC, then it makes things easier in the long run anyway. I believe that Outlook plays nicely with contact sync on Outlook.com accounts which is why I suggested it.

But like I say, personal opinion. 

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Calendar can sync to. I'm not sure of the exact process to migrate that but I've done it easily enough with a Google account before.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yes I that is what I am doing via community link. The point in all of this is that it is too much work. I am a business person whoi does not want to spend a week figuring out a phone. It has to be easy to connect and operate. This is not the case with the BB Z10. Very Very disappointing

Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: Koodo

The challenge I'm having with this solution is I end up with two email accounts in Outlook2007, my original email folder for my primary email (myname@myinternetprovider.ca) and a new folder for the outlook.com email (myname@outlook.com). This results in two different Personal folders within Outlook2007 but only the myname@outlook.com folder gets synced with outlook.com. Is there a way to keep my primary email addresses and still manage emails/contacts and calendars in one Outlook2007 folder that syncs with outlook.com?
Contributor

Yes you need to use companionlink.com. You synchronize through their app via a google account that you need to set up. Once you have the google account it is quite simple and it works very well. The downside is that the aplication is a one time charge of $49.50. They also will be having an application that does not require you to use Google and everything will sync through their app. Unfortunately BB has not aapproved the app yet due to a backlog. Companion Link's phone number is 503 24535200

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I have noticed that if you plug a previous blackberry device, in my case the Bold9900, into the new Blackberry Link software, it prompts you to download the contacts, e-mail records and calendar entries (all on Outlook in my case) on to Blackberry Link. When you then plug in the Z10 to the Link, the Link uploads all of the contacts and the e-mail entries to the Z10. However it does not upload any calendar entries and it does not appear to allow this transfer to take place again. And once you have transferred the info once the supposed "WiFi" sync function does not appear to work at all. I am Vodafone in the UK and they have no solution. The Blackberry Customer Support people do not appear to have any answers either. The first guy I dealt with said that my Z10 was not functioning properly and ten minutes ago, I was told that the Z10 does not support syncing Outlook contacts, calendar etc. Not very clever of Blackberry!!
PJCMoray
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

PJCMoray wrote:
The Blackberry Customer Support people do not appear to have any answers either. The first guy I dealt with said that my Z10 was not functioning properly and ten minutes ago, I was told that the Z10 does not support syncing Outlook contacts, calendar etc. Not very clever of Blackberry!!

hello,

what do you mean by "BlackBerry Customer Support" ? Someone from BlackBerry on the phone ?

Anyway, the truth is that the BlackBerry Link does not support synchronization with Outlook, but it will be available. Please check the official statement here from the Community Manager (Bodee902) :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Announcements/Learn-how-to-sync-your-contacts-calendar-multim...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I mean someone from the Blackberry technical support team on the phone. Not easy to get through to them and sadly, they do not appear to be very up to speed with the BB10/Z10. indeed, after about 15 minutes of laborious discussion, I was told that the person would transfer my call to the "Blackberry 10 team", Sadly the call then was cut off.

Frankly, I did not have the courage to try again. The waiting time to get through to Blackberry technocal support on the advertised phone numbers over the last three days has been an average of 15 minutes before you even get to speak to the first indiviudal.

Not good!!

PJCMoray
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

ditto, i'm giving BB till end of Feb to update and fix this problem or mine is going back....then on to ipone i guess.....