Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Z10 fail to see Exchange Server

I received the Z10 about 2 weeks ago.  Connected to my Live account without issue.  My work Exchange(2007) account has been a complete pain.

After clicking the Next button, it comes up  immediately with

"The server *****.***********.com for account (>>>>>@************.com) is not responding.  The server name in your account setting might be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offline.  Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again."

We have tried every possible combination of address and usernames.

We have tried side loading a self signed cert. by wifi...  -- No luck connecting  same error.

Earlier this week our Verizon rep paid us a visit to setup my email, but had the same luck. Smiley Sad

She notified me today BlackBerry still hasn't replied to her, and I might want to start looking at phones again.

My IT has recommended moving over to iPhone, since we have had no trouble connecting iPhones and Android devices to the server.  IT believes it has something to do with the self signed cert and can't be bypassed and just accept I'm moving to a iPhone Smiley Sad

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry Z10 fail to see Exchange Server

[ Edited ]

Hello MJP-1977,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding the issue you are experiencing with adding an email account on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

Attempt adding the account again.

Select Advanced on the bottom.
Set Use SSL to On then Set Use SSL to Off.
Select Save.

Let us know if this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Unfortunely, it did not work.

There is no "save", I have to click "NEXT" at top of screen.  With "SSL off", it takes a little over a minute to receive the error, instead of the immediate error with "SSL on".

I even attempted turning SSL off but changed the port 80 >> 443 and received same error.

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have the exact same problem, using Z10 and Exchange 2010. Note: my previous Blackberry 9780 connected with the same Exchange Server and worked fine.

New Contributor

My Blackberry 9900 and Motorola Atrix worked fine with same server, but the Z10 is being difficult.  I love the phone, but need it for business email.  Especially,  since that's the reason my business if paying for it Smiley Tongue