Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: Blackberry Z10 has just died!

Hi donaldsine, if you haven't solve your problem, maybe you can try this method, download SIC Multiwipe: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rgjy03wawrb481e/SIC_1.1.rar
Connect your device to your PC and run SIC Multiwipe, as long as SIC can connect to your device bootroom, it will wipe cleanly your device (the green light turns on and also finish with a blinking red light), it means you have a software problem and SIC might be able to solve your problem, after it's finished, open BlackBerry link and load your official OS (Reload OS option), and finally restore your last backup data.
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

donaldsine wrote:

Ok, I'll try that. Should I keep the battery in?

regards

Yes, remove the SIM and Media Card, then follow the second process above which you said made the LED light up.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
bcd
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: Verizon

Ours died as well. I am on 2nd replacement and hub is on 3rd. He is switching to a Z30 because he is a diehard Blackberry fan. Hope you can get a replacement. Must be a software problem. Our batteries are good.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have ordered a battery and that might be my last chance before trying to reset everything. The problem is that my computer does not recognise the Z10 and I've had problems since I bought it transferring data to my computer. So, I know I'm going to loose a lot of information.

I'm really cheesed off and I see an awful lot of people have had the same problem.

Thanks for your support.

regards

Contributor

Do you have BlackBerry link on your Computer? Your computer needs BlackBerry device manager frm BlackBerry link to detect your device.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Entel Chile

Solution to Blackberry Z10 has just died!

Hi!

I had the same issue about a month ago, sent my phone to technical service and they said the battery was dead...they replaced it with a new one for free and the phone was Ok, but  4 days later, my phone died again.

It has the same symptoms as yours, so I will ask for a higher up phone change, another brand, and never come back to BB as they say there are no issues with their OS..

By the way, did you have OS 10.2.1.537 installed? that's the OS that killed my phone.

Contributor

Yes, I do have this installed although I, and a friend who is much more technical than I am, have been unable to synchronise the diary. That's my biggest concern as I have a very busy schedule with dates going well into next year which I think I'm going to loose. Nightmare scenario for me!

regards

Contributor

Re: Solution to Blackberry Z10 has just died!

Yes, I get automatic update. But my phone stopped working when I switched it off in my car. It just hasn't come back on. I am thinking of leaving BB who I've been with for years as I feel that there must be better options than just wiping my whole history of the phone.

regards

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Entel Chile

I understand what you say...I had all my contacts (thousands of them, because I'm a freelance translator) synchronized on the phone and now they're all gone...the backup I have is useless if I migrate into another platform, so I will have to ask people, one by one, about their emails, phone numbers, etc.

...I hope you can solve your immediate problem, regards.

Contributor

You can use this Firechest backup app frm bbworld to backup your contacts, remember, calender, documents etc.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37188889