Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Z10 microphone problem :(

BBSJdev wrote:
 if I post the link it will probably get removed anyway. It should be easy enough for you to search and find them yourself.

We've got instructions for both autoloaders and Sachesi, with all the needed links and officially released files here in this forum... 

Quite frankly... these links contain more detailed and complete instructions for both methods than will be found anywhere else.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: o2 ireland

hello!

i have the same problem with my microphone on my Blackberry Z10. i have instaled BBVE,and sometimes on the audio record,all I can  hear is a strange noise.Usually a reset fixes the problem but not all the time. i have the blackberry 10 os  10.2.1.2941 software release. is there any solve for this problem??? thank you!

ovidiuduma, you see the suggestions made above?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Z10

Ok same problem, mic doesnt work in call ( people can't hear me), but works fine with voice control, in application like recorder im not able to activete permission ( i can't click the icon) i tried all : wipe, restore, reboot, factory and this morning i changed the microphone with a new one, same identical thing, i deduce is a software problem, os last official upgrade? what to do? i like the phone i dont want use just as an ipod...any suggestion?

peppe81 wrote:

what to do? i like the phone i dont want use just as an ipod...any suggestion?

If you feel certain it is an OS issue, either wait for the next OS upgrade, or load a leaked OS or downgrade your OS to when the mic worked.

Of all the OS releases, I have not heard of one in which the mic did not work.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I will try later with autoloader, is the 10.3.1 worth and work? othervise i will come back to 10.2.1

Contributor

At least we know is not hardware problem thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: z10 STL 100 -3
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the exact same problem. I heard that z10 has two microphones and on speaker the other one works that's why no issue.

Do you know of two mics (one on bottom or screen and one of top of screen)? If there is only one mic (the one below the screen) then that has to be working since it is working with speakerphone. Somehow there is some sensitivity setting that needs to be changed or some connection of the microphone to the main board is weak.

Notice that there is a muffled voice even when talking on phone (without using speakerphone option). When we select speakerphone i think the sensitivity of the microphone is increased and that's why the voice is captured clearly.

I will greatly appreciate if you can share your experience if you are able to fix this problem. I really like the phone and hate to return it.

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: z10 STL 100 -3
My Carrier: AT&T

did they give you a replacement phone that doesn't have that problem. I bought not from blackberry but from another retailer who is asking me to go to blackberry and blackberry is asking me to go to the vendor. do you know wha the did to fix it (if they were able to fix).

Thanks

Contributor

To be honest i didnt know there was another mic, on the top then? What for? Are u sure?