Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry Z10 possible bug with Exchange calendar and sending meeting updates

My boss has a brand new shiny Blackberry Z10 10.0.10.116 on AT&T. It's an unlocked Rogers device. We have it natively syncing to our Exchange server, so no BES. Recently he began complaining to me that when he changes meeting times in his calendar it doesn't send meeting updates to anyone. Although he claims he never saw any strange messages, when I tried to edit a meeting on his phone a little box popped up and informed me that I was not the organizer of the event and that updates wouldn't be sent. This would happen with meetings that were created on the phone under the same account.

In addition to not being able to update meetings, he would be unable to view the accept/deny/maybe e-mails that came from the meeting recipients. Another common message that he would see when opening invitations sent to him was "The calendar could not recognize this meeting invitation." Online I saw references to this under Lotus Notes, but not Exchange.

My boss has a number of different e-mail addresses that are really just aliases for a single account. So he'll have phb@company-us.com and phb@company-global.com and a variety of other silly names. On his Z10 he had set up the account under phb@company-us.com, but in Exchange his default SMTP was set to phb@company-global.com. It looks like the Z10 isn't recognizing that they are the same account. Both addresses are valid. Older Blackberry units on our BESX server never had a problem when the phone was enterprise activated under one of the aliases.

I changed the settings so that the e-mail address on the Z10 matches the default e-mail address on Exchange. Meeting updates appear to be sending correctly now and he can view the meeting responses through his e-mail. So I think there's definitely a problem when the e-mail addresses are mismatched.

My boss works in a different office so troubleshooting this remotely was a hassle, especially when he didn't mention that he was warned that he wasn't the organizer of the meetings. Hopefully, these few weeks of my pain will help someone else out there.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 possible bug with Exchange calendar and sending meeting updates

When you are configuring ActiveSync on the Z10, the email address you use should match the Primary SMTP Address for the email account. Doing otherwise is a recipe for trouble.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a