Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Blackberry Z10 "Call Failure"

Hi Can anyone help?  My Blackberry Z10 has been working fine for a few months.  This week I can not make calls nor can I take calls.  When I dial out the phone displays "Call Failure" Contact your service provider.  I have been in contact with Virgin and they say nothing is wrong with the account or sim.  I have the sim in another blackberry phone and everything works just fine.  I have done the security wipe, still the same fault.  Does anyone have any ideas what I can do.  I purchased the phone online "New" from a private seller.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Z10 "Call Failure"

When you got the phone from the private seller did you do wipe first? if not sure why not give it a shot make sure you back up your data before you do full complete wipe

Hi, well the phone was new, unused, unopened.  I have been using the phone for about 4 months and no problem.  Can still use blackberry services just can not make or take a call? 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Have you tried reloading the OS?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hi, I tried and reloaded the software, still the same fault.  Can not make or take calls.....  Thanks anyway.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I would get the sim replaced. I have seen similar issues with sim cards. I had a problem with my data plan on my sim. Wouldn't work on my Z10 but worked in a 9810. One think it was a problem with the device. Turned out that a replacement sim solved the problem.

Get a new sim.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

John,

Thanks just ordered a new sim, however I did try another sim and had the same problem?

Guru II

If it's not the sim then it's a hardware failure and there isn't much you can do.