Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Blackberry Z10(unlocked) version works out of US?

Hi all,  First time user to this forum.  I just placed an order for Blackberry Z10, unlocked version without doing my research.  Does anyone know if the phone works internationally (Africa)? Bought it for Mom and she will be traveling for over a month and would like to know if she will be able to use it when she is overseas?

Your help is appreciated!

Sam

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c
My Carrier: Idea

Re: Blackberry Z10(unlocked) version works out of US?

[ Edited ]

Hi Sam, welcome to blackberry forums..

yup it works very well on 2G and wat version you got in your hands?

for 3G data speed: if it is verizon and make sure the country must have a bandwidth frequency of either 900Mhz and 2100Mhz for 3G functions and unlocked versions doesn't work on 4G in any part f world except from the original carrier of the mobile.

Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Great.  Thanks a lot, Kruz_K.   i will find out about the bandwidth frequency.   I don't believe they're on 4G.  The end goal is for her to install apps like Viber, Whats up etc so she can call or i can call her without incurring long distance phone charges.   Thanks again.

Sam

Trusted Contributor

it's better BBM voice as viber doesn't works and whatsapp is like a walkie talkie lol.... go for BBM voice over wifi

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi Sam,

Go thru these couple of links for frequencies and I think few african countries have LTE. So don't say like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UMTS_frequency_bands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Moderators, I had posted wikipedia links only. If they are not allowed, please delete them and let me know for future references. Smiley Happy

If your concern is solved please click "accept as solution"