Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PB, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Z10 vs Android Razr

Well, after upgrading from my Bold 9930 to the Z10 - and having multiple problems (Link software failures, WiFi connection troubles and more), I got a Droid RAZR HD MAX.

As good as it is in some areas, I really miss my BB.

Has Rimm/ BB taken care of the Link software and the WiFi issues?

They have been LESS than responsive to my earlier posts - is support an issue too?

I am "eyeing" the release of the Q10 in the US, but don't want to throw good money after bad if the Q10 and software are still having problems.

Tried a Z10 - too many issues.
Now using a Q10. (BB Link still won't fully install.)
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Blackberry Z10 vs Android Razr

TimLaLonde wrote:

Has Rimm/ BB taken care of the Link software and the WiFi issues?

The two-way outlook sync is probably a couple weeks away from release.

I don't know of your WiFi issues.

TimLaLonde wrote:

They have been LESS than responsive to my earlier posts - is support an issue too?

They "who"?  This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration. We are users just like you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Undestand about Crackberry being user-to-user.  Usually makes it better than RIM.

However, I posted on the RIM BB site - both for LInk & Z10 the first day I encountered trouble with Link.

I got one lukewarm response from RIM.  Disappointing.

I'm crossing my fingers that the WiFi issue was uniqiue to the Z10 I had.

(Succintly - it would connect effortlessly and reliably with all WiFi networks EXCEPT the one in my office - to which 4 or 5 Win 7 Pro laptops, my 9930, my Playbook, Droid and several iPhones could use without issue - just not the Z10.)

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

TimLaLonde wrote:

Undestand about Crackberry being user-to-user.  Usually makes it better than RIM.

However, I posted on the RIM BB site - both for LInk & Z10 the first day I encountered trouble with Link.

I got one lukewarm response from RIM.  Disappointing.

THIS is (this site here you are reading on) the official RIM/BlackBerry Community Support Forums.

We here are not CrackBerry.

I've reviewed your posts here and you've gotten much more than 'one' lukewarm response.

TimLaLonde wrote:
Very disappointed in the lack of BB support after years of being a faithful supporter.

Have you called Verizon for OFFICIAL support, for which you ARE paying Verizon for? Any issue they cannot resolve, they will escalate to BlackBerry Technical support personnel.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks J.

I did work with my local Verizon tech guy who excalated it to thier call in folks.

I spent quite a while on the phone with them before deciding to return the Z10 -

Reason was - over a period of 4 days (including a weekend), I spent a LOT of time attempting to get Link to load successfully, trying to get the WiFi issue resolved at my office (where I am the default IT guy - not by training, but becuase I spend more time with tech than anyone else - electrical contracting- specializing in industiral controls and instrumentation - not accustomed to being defeated.) and trying to get Bridge to work :somewhat" like it did with my 9930 - I couldn't afford to invest more time.

I was scheduled to be out of town on a project for two weeks and needed to have a functional SmartPhone.

Within a couple hours of getting the Droid RAZR MAX HD, I was already more functional than I was after 4 days with the Z10. 

That is what disappointed me. 

I'm still being somewhat optimistic that the LInk software will finally tweak and work with my laptop: Toshiba Tecra A11 running Win 7PRO 64bit.

I've shutdown about every background program in different ways and attempted to get LINK loaded - to no avail.

I still use Outlook 2007 for my business e-mail, so really looked forward to being able to keep my contacts, tasks, notes, etc. updated.

I really liked the BB10 option of being able to "merge" contacts on the phone itself - sweet.

Many other things were very nice, but outweighed by the Link issue, the WiFi issue, the Bridge issue.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

We have a number of Z10's, and a number of Playbook tablets. They are all performing very well. We do not have any of the issues you are mentioning.

I found the Link software requires a computer of stronger minimum requirement than what RIM specifies. I tried the Link software on some older XP computers with 1 GB RAM or less. It would not run.  Link worked very well on every Win7 computer I tried it on. These all had 4 GB of RAM or more. This also includes some laptops.

I heard and read that RIM is supposed to soon come out with another Link update that will have the provision for full MS Outlook sync in both directions. Just recently there was a Link and OS-10 update.

With the new OS-10 update I found some nice improvements with the text editing. I also found other improvements in other areas dealing with sending attachments and in how some of the menus are displayed.

One thing I did not like with the new update, is I cannot have the phone password unlocked for more than 30 minutes without attention to the phone. I would prefer an hour.

The Z10's that we have are all performing well, and I no complaints.

Jerry G.