Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry Z10 when I upload songs to my SD card a lot of the songs are missing.

Hi, I bought a Class 6 64GB SD Card, and I have Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 Black with the version 10.2.1.2102. My problem it have 1304 songs to put on my SD card and when I do and over half the song doesn't appear and if they do some are broken. I have tried everything and all my songs are mp3 files and it all works on my Blackberry Curve 9300.

Please help SONG IS WHAT KEEPS ME ALIVE!!!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Blackberry Z10 when I upload songs to my SD card a lot of the songs are missing.

Hello

When you say "...I have tried everything..." what exactly did you try?
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry®PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

Re: Blackberry Z10 when I upload songs to my SD card a lot of the songs are missing.

Hi

I had the same issue with a 16GB Card, when uploading music and movies they were corrupted.

Your Class 6 SD Card is not good enough. You need at least a Class 10 SD Card.

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

craigashy wrote:

Hi

I had the same issue with a 16GB Card, when uploading music and movies they were corrupted.

Your Class 6 SD Card is not good enough. You need at least a Class 10 SD Card.

Class 10 is only required for taking HD video, I had no problem with a 16gb Class 4 with music.

Try reformatting the card and copy 1 album at a time.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry®PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

A Class 10 SD Card is not just for HD Video. It for photos, music, documents etc etc

With its High Speed, it can read up to 40MB per Second.

With a Class 10 Micro SD Card, you won't have these issues.

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

craigashy wrote:

A Class 10 SD Card is not just for HD Video. It for photos, music, documents etc etc

With its High Speed, it can read up to 40MB per Second.

With a Class 10 Micro SD Card, you won't have these issues.

Only minimum speed is guaranteed, Class 6 from 6mb per sec, Class 10 from 10mb per sec.

UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) from 30mb per sec.

Class 6 can handle 1080p recording.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

For MP3s, like GhostFX said, basically any class of memory card will do it.
Forums Veteran I

Leslie8120 wrote:
For MP3s, like GhostFX said, basically any class of memory card will do it.

Well said, how we do digress Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

I found the problem it is formatted to FAT32 and that can only transfer 4GB at a time so I did that instead