Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: not indicated

Blackberry Z10 won't turn on after rebooting OS

Hi,

My blackberry has some issues first on the OS since it was stuck on the BB logo/loading screen. I tried using the Blackberry Link but to no avail since I wasn't able to get the blackberry ID before the phone went to this state.

I tried fixing the OS through some of the instructions given on the previous posts like going to IE and going to the blackberry update. I was able to pass the first part of it but it always stops on the installing part and never went to the reboot.

I also tried the leaks given for the STL-100-1 through autoloader. I ran the autoloader and it seemed okay but the screen was stuck on 100% for 2 hours.

After that, I tried restarting the phone but the phone suddenly won't turn on now. I have been restarting the phone by pulling the battery and putting it back before and there wasn't any problem at all. Right now, it won't start and there even is no red LED light flashing.

Please help. 

Thanks!

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vivo

Re: Blackberry Z10 won't turn on after rebooting OS

I have the same problem with my Z10! and also tried everything! 

This ocurred after I update the OS and turn off the phone.

New Contributor

hi dudbr!Smiley Happy

did you somehow found a solution for it now? i still cant turn my z10 on and this has been for days..
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

had similar problem. as soon as the update installation was completed it just went off: screen complete black, not even a logo, nothing.

It didnt go back on, or that's what i thought. saw that someone on crackberry had a similar problem and advised to plug the Z10 to TV (HDMI) to see if it was on, and yes it was on.

Turns out that the update must have desactivated the screen or something (sensors still working). tried factory setting reset and didnt change a thing. try to connect it to your Blackberry Link software and do a backup... wont fix anything but at least u wont loose all your files and contacts. still waiting to hear from Blackberry and Vodafone UK... if i hear anything i will let you know

New Contributor

hi MS202UK

sadly, i can't even do a backup on my files using the blackberry link. I couldn't connect to it because I haven't got the BB ID from the phone. Smiley Sad 

I will try plugging it on the TV and I do hope it works. Please do update us if there is another way to fix this problem.

Thanks a lot for the advise! Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

[ Edited ]

well the update is that you have to take ur phone to your carrier so they can send it to blackberry. talked to a blackberry rep about it and dropped the phone at Vodafone so they can repair it... takes +- 10 days....

Good Luck... however it seems that we arent the only one with this problem anymore.... numbers are increasing.

New Contributor

i just had it return back too so that blackberry can fix it since it's still under warranty. I guess this is the best way for now. I do hope they can fix it the soonest time.

I wish you luck on your BB too as well as to the rest of us that are currently dealing with this issue. Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Z10 won't turn on after rebooting OS 10.2.1.2102

Received Software Update to 10.2.1.2102 on 14-02-14 On Saturday did a battery swap and when the loading which is really slow gets to 100% it hangs and does not start.  The only way to get it it to start wad to do a a 'restart'  No problems before update.  Vodafone is my network provider.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: GLOBE TELECOM-PH

same problem with yours

My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I'm having same problem for three days now!!! help!!