Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: EE

Blackberry Z10

Hi,

I am really frustrated with my Blackberry Z10.  I have had this replaced on 4 occasions under warranty due to it switching off and then not switching back on again.  The first 3 times it gave me a blue screen and then died.  This time it was charging overnight and then as I took it out of the charger this morning I didnt check it until I went to work and it was dead again.  I have tried all the suggestions like taking the battery out and re-charging it with the battery in and out and leaving it for five minutes etc.  I have contacted the company I purchased it from regarding my warranty although now if this gets replaced it will be my fifth Blackberry. 

Hope you can help with this issue.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Blackberry Z10

Welcome to the forums, not sure what further advice you are expecting?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Contributor

I was expecting to find out why this phone is not turning on when it is only 4 weeks old.  I was also hoping to find out why this is happening to the forth handset I have had.  Is this not a manufacturers fault and if so then where can I get a refund as the company I originally purchased it from keep replacing it and obviously this keeps happening.  Thanks Julie.

Developer

Okay, well I've had my Z10 since the beginning with no problems but of course there can always be a batch problem.
The fact you've had this many failures though means either you are incredibly unlucky or that perhaps there's some external factor involved.

What that could be I have no idea, have you switched the charger at all?
Is there any common factor between all 4 phones?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can I ask do you work for Blackberry?

Obviously there are no external factors as I have not even loaded any apps onto my blackberry as I was afraid in case that would cause it to crash again.

Unlucky perhaps although I would agree if it was only two replacements but now I am talking about my fifth replacement I expect it probably be a manufacturers fault. Looking on other websites I am not the only one getting this problem so luck isnt even a factor in this issue.

Thanks Julie.

Developer

No sorry, this is a peer to peer forum.

You will need to work through your phone provider for warranty's and exchanging of phones.

Take a look here for further information on how support works on this forum...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/How-This-Site-and-Formal-Sup...

New Contributor

Okay thats great lets hope you don't have the same issue as me as I really do like the phone!!