Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell

Blackberry data blocked by BELL

I have an Android phone and a Z10 with BELL.
WANTED to be able to flip SIM between
Phones. BELL advised BB was blocking.
I hear BELL is the culprit who is blocking
This as Z10 will work off SIM I already have.
This is not good business press and false information. BELL is not playing it straight.
ANY IDEAS? I will be leaving BELL and
Selling my BB if this is going to be the runaround.
BELL said I would need two plans and two
Phone numbers. UH......NO!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Blackberry data blocked by BELL

Hello, this is so not true. You don't need two numbers or two phones. Your sim with your Android should be fine with the Z10. Don't buy into their games.
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Is the sim card you want to filp a prepaid or a postpaid connection.

Also confirm if you are facing problems with phone calls and data or just data

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
New Contributor

I escalated this as high as I could with BELL and every person I dealt with said there was no way my SIM from my Android would work in a Z10 and that it was BLACKBERRY doing this, not BELL. Because of this I would need to change plans because BB uses a different data transfer vs. android but I do know that Z10 will run without the encryption but not on BELL.  They do talk to you like they think you are stupid. The bottom line is that they do not want people having the ability of flipping the SIM from Android to a BB and I was even told by one BELL Associate that Android was on its way out. Now that is funny. So here I am with a new BB I cannot use because I am not going to pay for two phones. This is not good stuff for BB. I got the same story at VIRGIN. Bit of a conspiracy don't you think? This is where the CRTC and  FCC need to do their job on these companies and hit them with massive fines. The big phone players in the USA are already moving out of the contract business because they see customers slipping away. This combined with my issue has people canceling plans or selling devices they can't use. Bottom line on companies like BELL: Corporate bullying of the very customers they rely on to stay in business. If anyone knows a way around this I would greatly appreciate it. 

New Contributor

The sim card is one i have had for a while. It works fine at home where i have wifi but that is it. As soon as i step out the door i have a
brick in my pocket although the phone does recognize the SIM card is from BELL. It shows on the top of the phone and in the settings menu as the provider.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: rogers

New Contributor

Thanks for that. I decided to go to BELL today and asked them for a new SIM CARD because it was working in my Android and not my BB Z10. The first person i dealt with directed me to another person although i know the first one new the what's what. i was told i likely had a faulty sim card. Same outcome. Does not work in the Blackberry. I have a friend who went through the same thing. BELL blocks the data and holds you hostage to sign up for a bb plan even though data is data but they are charging a premium for it and trying to make it that it is totally different.

Appreciate the response!