Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z 10
My Carrier: MTN

Blackberry is popular in Iran despite sanctions-a great market for blackberry

Iran is considered the largest market for cellular phones in the middle east [guardian].
Blackberry z10 sales have started since February in the world. There is no official Blackberry store in Iran, but market demand has made importers bypass restrictions to bring Blackberry z10 products into the country 48 hours after the canada!!! 
Because of recent sanctions by usa, the price of dollors became triple since last year and Iranians have to pay more money to buy a smart phone. salary of an engineer in iran become $250 per month !! (I used this example to let you know about the situation). So number of selling smart phones reduced %50 and unfortunately Apple and Blackberry lost a huge market in middle east.Three another companies (samsung,LG and sony) still remain in iran and by financial supporting of iran's government and good relationship with japan and s-korea they have good market.
In middle of February the price of z10 was more than $1500 in iran (equal to 6 months salary of an engineer in iran!!) but fortunetly the price have decreased continuously since march. The BB z10 is selling about $600 in market now. However, I belived that most of them are refurbished and is sold to us as new one!! 
There is a great potential for selling Blackberry in iran. About %40 of iranians are under 30 years old (about 30 million people) and most of them so interested in loyal and American smart phones such as iphone.
After coming BB z10 to iran, many people prefer to use it to iphone. a lot of stores started to sell BB z10 and many seller said iphone placement will replaced by BB z10. but after 1 month many customers returning their Z10s and they wanted to sell it with cheaper price.They said all services was blocked in iran. it was not possible to update BB OS, you can't to buy applicaions from app store, you can't to use BB email,BBM ,.... . Many buyer complained that the GPRS is deactive by BB and wifi disconnected continual by BB sever. so the BB services that you can use iran is equal to Nokia 1100. 
Itunes and google play also have been closed their services to iranians. However, a lot of way exists to use their service . For example by changing IP, using VPN or rooting ( or jailbreaking) mobile phones you can access ti itunes. so BB will lost a great market in the world. I read a news about returning BB z10 in usa. If BB had official service and store in iran (similar to samsung,LG,sony), they would sold more than 1 million smart phone in iran. 
The focus of the sanctions has been on Iran's banks and oil industry, Iranian individuals and companies that Western capitals believe are assisting what they suspect is Tehran's drive towards a nuclear weapons capability. However I belived that eventhough sanctions made a lot of problem for iranians in iran, a lot of problem also has been made for western companies such as BB which interest to be iran market. 

at the end I have some suggestion for BB company, If they want to sell their mobile phones in iran:
1. please let iranians install application from app world and let get updates (do not fear!! no body use them for nuclear prog ram )
2. please add persian keyboard to your os (you can add 5 letter to arabic keyboard to convert it to persian, it is not difficult).
3. please add the name of iran to your country lists and let us to register in your website.
4. find a local distributor in iran and import your device legal. government give importer companies dollar with cheaper price, so company can sell smartphones with lower price in iran. 

Mohammad

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry is popular in Iran despite sanctions-a great market for blackberry

Your comments in our forums, which is made up of people just like you, are appreciated.

BlackBerry is a huge company with subscribers in pretty much every country worldwide.  In order to grow, the company continues to expand everywhere possible. 

If at this time full services are not available in Iran, it's because of government regulations and restrictions, to which you've elaborated already.  Any service that is not presently available in Iran is not due to negligence by BlackBerry because I'm sure they're trying as hard as they can to have full services in every country possible.

I encourage you to continue using any BlackBerry services that are currently available to you and keep hoping that any restrictions currently in place will someday be removed.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry is popular in Iran despite sanctions-a great market for blackberry

at first, I apology you for my weak English. I tried to transfer my idea in best way to Blackberry company.

Thank you for your kind response. I completely agree with you. No company hate profit and selling more.

I hope, restrictions will remove in future and we see the Blackberry stores in our country. Smiley Wink
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apple opened app store to iranians and we can get OS update for iphones/ipad ,...

I have just sold my bb z10 for $400 and I am going to buy the Iphone 5....

BB z10 is a piece of **bleep**... I respect blackberry and paid $1500 for their rubbish mobile phone. but they closed app store, BBM, OS updates,... to iranians. I will buy a mobile phone from brilliant company (Apple) because they support their products. 

shame on you Mr.Heins and Mr.Lazaridis

thanks Mr.jobs, I love you..you were a great man.. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

I think, i success.

App store of blackberry, Google, Apple will open to Iranians soon. USA omitted mobile phone sanctions two days ago. Also, North american companies could open local distributor in iran:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-to-be-sold-in-Iran_id43543

I do not know, may they read my crying essay here and in following link and response to my request Smiley Happy

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/iran-great-market-blackberry-blackberry-popular-ira...