Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: orange

Bluetooth conection to car phone

Hi last week i bought a new car and paired the z10 to the phone no problem i then had a update notice on my phone i downloaded the update but my phone will not ring or take call throught the phone how do i get rid of the update as nissan say the car phone is fine its the phone . help

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, Z30

Re: Bluetooth conection to car phone

Sometimes unfortunately the auto company people don't know a lot about BlueTooth devices and how to set them up. So, you may need to dig further.

Before you go back to them, check if your Bluetooth is turned on. Swipe down from the top edge of the screen. There is a Bluetooth icon in the top right of the icons which come down. Is it blue or white? If it's white, then it's turned off and you just need to touch that icon to turn Bluetooth on. 

Dig deeper by pressing on the word BlueTooth. Does it show that your car's bluetooth is paired. It should show the name of the car's bluetooth (I don't know if it will appear as your car model but that's determine by your car's system.) If it's grey then it's just not connected. It should however say "Paired" on the right side. If it's not paired or doesn't appear, then you just need to pair it again with the Bluetooth on your car. 

The BlueTooth section of your Z10 manual is at http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mes1334609105805.jsp

You may need your Nissan manual for the vehicle also to setup pairing. 

Twitter: @sheldonbk
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

I don't believe Nissan supports the Z10. Check their site. The issue is that a lot of people have found their phones worked with their cars on 10.0 and then did not when 10.1 came along. My car supports Z10 (RR Evoque) and it has continued to work with 10.1. However... I saw a poster the other day who had applied a leak and his comment was "and my phone started working in my car again..." so there is a leak out there that may restore functionality.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, Z30

I've seen with some built in car bluetooths that not all of a vehicle's built-in bluetooth features are supported at times but the basic functions of the bluetooth still work. 

Twitter: @sheldonbk
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

BTW, for those who haven't seen, check out the last few posts here as OS version 10.1.0.4543 seems to have solved BT car issues for many: Z10 Bluetooth problem with handsfree since update ... - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums