Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Bluetooth transfer of Contacts

Hear, hear!!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

It upsets me when a device is sold and problems exist that never existed on earlier devices. I am a Nokia person, but when my E72 was due for upgrade I took the Asha 300. This phone was never or will never be an E72. How can they sell a "later model phone as an upgrade', which is actually a downgrade? Then my family felt sorry for me and bought me a BB Z10 as a present for my birthday, because the wife and both my children are BB fans. I could not operate it and was upset that I'm so incapable with a BB, but when they tried to operate it they understood why I battled like that. I took it back to the shop where I bought it. They had to upgrade the softwear. On a new phone!?? I decided to start using it now, after 7 months. As I was searching for an "app" to transfer the info on my Nokia to the Z10, I saw how many people have problems with the Z10. Should I still try to use it or should I sell it while it is still unused?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Bluetooth is a slow and inefficient way to transfer contacts. While it's fine for sending one or two to a friend, it's not made for transferring your entire contact list.

I have never used the Nokia E72 so I can't help much with that but if you can export the data somehow from it into an email account like Outlook.com (you can use GMail, Yahoo or others but Outlook.com works the best with mobile devices) then you can easily sync your contacts via that email account.

As for what you should do with the Z10, only you can answer that. I know what I'd do with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can manage this. BIG question on this -  only you can answer that. I know what I'd do with it. "Will you use it?" LOL

Thanks again

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Of course I'd use it. I have used it. I moved from the Z10 to the Z30 just a few months ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!