Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Rogers

Broser closing, adding words to predictive typing

I have moved from the iPhone to the BB Z10 -  a few things that are frustrating and I can't resolve

1. I can't find a way to close unwanted browser pages (when you click on broswer it displays 8 or 9 small windows with old searches in them) - how do you close them??

2. I can NOT get the phone to remember the word Lucy - and auto correct the capital (works for Lynn) - and there is no way to add words to the predictive/learning words (only turn it on or off or clear) - 

Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Browser closing, adding words to predictive typing

Hey letaylor96

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

1. When the browser starts on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone would you like the screen to come to a homepage? This will eliminate the small windows when the browser opens. You can (for example) have the Google Web Search page open as your homepage when the browser starts. 

In order to set a homepage on browser launch with the BlackBerry 10 smartphone please follow the below steps:

1. Open the BlackBerry Browser

2. Select the three dots in the bottom right corner

3. Select Settings

4. Select Display and Actions

5. Select under On Startup select Show My Homepage

6. Select Open a Specific Page and enter the page you miss the browser to open on startup.

Would you like to clear the previously visited sites from the startup view and keep the small windows?

To do this you can simply clear the history of the browser on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone browser. Please follow the below step to clear the browser history. 

1. Open the BlackBerry Browser

2. In the bottom left select the icon with two squares

3. Select History

4. Select the delete button at the bottom middle of the screen

5. Clear the History

2. I believe what you are looking for is the new text shortcut, please follow the below steps to add text shortcut to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone:

1. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. Tap Settings > Language and Input > Prediction and Correction > Word Substitution.
3. Tap + and add the word text shortcut

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

Re: Browser closing, adding words to predictive typing

Myself, I type about:blank into the address bar, go to it and then set it as my homepage.

(It's a blank page)

It just feels somehow better to not be loading a Web page every time I fire up the browser.

Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.