Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Maxis Malaysia

Buggy VPN setup

Hi,

I've successfully setup generic ikev2 vpn profile on my z10 and made it to auto connect over mobile network, and link it with my wifi.

Now here is something that I don't understand :

1. On the VPN screen, it says tap profile to edit. It won't happen, and tapping it will always pop up error to connect. Need to click edit and tap.

2. If mobile is switch off, vpn will never be activated even wifi is on and connected to the net. Seems like vpn can only be used when cellular is active.

3. There is no way to tell whether the vpn is active or not other than going back into the setting.

Is this being done on purpose?
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Buggy VPN setup

Hey DingDang,

To edit the connection you must select Edit at the bottom first, clicking on the profile attempts to connect your VPN.

To see if you are connected, open Network Connections> VPN will say Connected, you can also check the status by selecting the three dots and choose View Status Details.

Do you have a firewall on the Wi-Fi network?This may be why it is not connecting when you are on Wi-Fi only.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!