Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel Nigeria
Accepted Solution

CALL BLOCKING

I have challenges with blocking specific telephone number from successfully placing calls across to my blackberry Z10. Also call forwarding. John

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: CALL BLOCKING

Welcome to the forums.

Can you be a bit more specific, what challenges are you facing and what problems with call forwarding?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel Nigeria

There are some telephone numbers disturbing my privacy and I do not know how to go about blocking calls from those lines on my blackberry Z10. The only option I see is blocking ALL calls which will not help my purpose. I need to be guided on how to block these telephone numbers from placing successful calls to my line. I also need guidance on how to forward incoming calls to another telephone number whenever such is desirable. Thank you. John 

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Okay, there is no individual call blocking on BB10.

As a suggestion I suggest you contact your Service Provider and see if they can help.
If not you can change the number's phone ring to something that indicates it's a bad number and ignore.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Save the number in your contacts and name it something like "spammer".

Go to the number in your contacts, and edit it. Scroll down to the bottom - you can now customize ring tones and notifications.

Click on "Phone Calls".

Either switch "Tone", "Vibrate" and "LED" to None, or switch All Alerts to "Off". Remember to save the profile.

Not perfect, but at least it should shut the phone up.