Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
02-28-2013 12:33 AM - edited 02-28-2013 12:36 AM
I got my first Z10 when it first came out in Canada.. but the week that I have used it I noticed some problems with it. So I went back to Bell and had it exchanged for a new one... but realized that I am having the same problems with the second one.. So i'm thinking there are some glitches that BB needs to fix.
- Adding contacts or in the contacts log. (When I am in one of the contacts profile it would not let me go back to the contacts and no matter what I do.. such as pressing to text or call the person it would not respond.)
- Contact List - one time it would not load the whole contact list and it just lagged. If I try to switch to favs, bbm video, bbm, sim, and all in the contacts nothing loaded.. until i pulled the battery out.
- Calculator - Many times when I go into the calculator and try to press on the numbers it would not respond at all. Unless I exit it and then reopen it again. Happened to both Z10s.
- Texting - (Happened mulitple times with both Z10s) -> When I txt someone and press enter it lags but the msg does send but in the bar where i typed the msg.. the msg it still there but would not allow me to press send. If i try to earse the message and press send again it would not send the message. I would have to exit the txt program and go back into it again.. It can get frastrating at times..
- Calling - One time when I was on the phone with someone and trying to put it to speakers... the call screen froze, but it would still let me minimize the call screen. It went back to normal after the call ended.
I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me??
02-28-2013 01:48 AM - edited 02-28-2013 01:51 AM
A few questions out of curiosity.
Did you create a Blackberry ID with a valid email address? This is important.
Did you use the feature in the Blackberry Link software to switch devices? If you switched from a phone made by a different manufacture than Blackberry, maybe some incompatible data came across. (This is just a theory).
If you have addresses and data in the phone make a backup using the Blackberry Link program.
Do a wipe on the phone. See if the problems are still there before restoring your data back to the phone. I am wondering if there is something in the data you entered that is causing the fault.
After you do the wipe you will have to re-enter the Blackberry ID information.
I know of some instances where the OS had to be re-installed and the phone was working very well after.
You should not be having such problems with the phone. We own a number of Z10's, and a 9900,, and a 9800. When these phones were new we had some minor things and they were not difficult to fix.
Since you are with BELL, if you call their tech support they will help you with the phone. They can also connect you with Blackberry support if they cannot directly resolve the issue for you.
03-02-2013 04:19 AM
03-02-2013 08:47 AM
I have experienced the same issues but have yet not changed the phone.
I did a security wipe to no avail.
I did not transfer my data via BB link.
It seems the recent o/s update has helped somewhat, I will continue to monitor if it persists then I will ask for a new phone.