Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Calendar is empty. No entries visible.

Hi together.

Since one week on my Z10 with FW 10.1.0.2312 my calendar doesn`t show any entry.

It is connected via ActiveSync to our Company-Exchange.

If I make an entry, it will remember me at the right time. But I can`t see the entry in the calendar-view.

I`ve deleted the account from my BlackBerry, but without success. It`s the same with other accounts. No calendar works. An Update is not available for my BlackBerry. Another Z10 with the same firmware works with the same exchnage and the same account.

The Vodafone-Support told me, that the problem is known but no solution is available, because BlackBerry (RIM) doesn`t release the newer firmware for the BlackBerrys, which would have the solution included.

Does anybody know, how to solve the problem, because calendaring is essential for all business-users like me.

Thanx and regards,

Jan

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Calendar is empty. No entries visible.

Hi,

I have the same issue with one of our users Z10. The device is activated for Balance with our BES10 and has been working until recently. Email and contacts are fine but the calendar is completely empty. Needless to say, the users calendar in Outlook is full.

If you are connected directly to your exchange using active sync only, I presume that this is nothing to do with our BES and could well be a software or active sync issue.

Our affected device is running the latest software, 10.1.0.4181.

Sorry I couldn't give any explanations as to why this is happening.
New Contributor

So it is independent, how it is attached.

Vodafone told me, with 4181 the problem will never occur. But if you have the same situation with 4181, an firmwareupdate seems not to be the solution.

What have you tried to solve the problem? Tried to reset the device an configure it completely new?

I did it not yet.

New Contributor

All,

It looks like there is an update today to 10.1.0.4200. I am downloading it now and will let everyone know.

Not sure if this is network specific but it's definitely just been released on O2 handsets.
New Contributor

The firmware update did not make any difference.

Interestingly, the user gets alerts of upcoming appointments even though they cannot be seen in the calendar.

I think the problem is the calendar app is buggy and am not sure how this can be resolved without some sort of firmware update.

I am now going to try and remove the Outlook profile from BES10 and re-add.
My Carrier: Telus

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

New Contributor

Morning,

Unfortunatly I did not find a solution.

After a couple of days it just started working again.

Very strange.

New Contributor

I had the same issue today on a Z10, connected to the latest BES10.2 with the latest firmware.  To fix the issue, I went into settings on the calendar and changed the colour scheme from light to dark and the default view from week to agenda.  Closed and restarted the calendar and the appointments were all back.  I could then reset the view and colour scheme back and the calendar issue was fixed.

Clearly a bug

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I have lost the calendar in my Z10.  Was working great up until the last update - now, the default calendar doesn't "drop down" and there are no calendars to choose from in any of the settings where I should be able to :-(

Have deleted and removed the Microsoft Exchange account that I wanted to sync up - have several Gmail accounts on the same machine with some calendars showing as part of the account sync, but no luck with the cal app.

Any ideas?  Only thing I can see now is the restoring to the factory settings and rebuilding - yuck :-(

Thanks.