Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 351918448503

Call Blocking

Hi, I have just bought a BB Z10 and have encountered 2 issues: 1- call blocking for international call in roaming is ON - I have not set it on and to change it I am asked to enter a password, I have tried a number of passwords with no success, does any one knows how t reset this? 2- I use outlook 2007 for my email and have the habit of copying myself on the emails I send out. When I send an email with an attachment ( a PDF file for example) I get a winmail.dat file instead of the PDF attachment. The body of the email is OK a only it doesn't display the Jpg of the logo on the signature. Outlook is set to send HTML and not RTF. Any ideas of a solution? Thanks
New Contributor

Re: Call Blocking

Soluiton for problem 2 Go to outlook contacts and delete the contact, reenter the contact and done. the attachments are now what they should be!! Easy!!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

The password is user created when set to On, if you or   "someone else"    did not set it to on call your carrier.

New Contributor

Thanks for the info,

But it is a new phone and no one set a password, actually i have the same problem in two new Z10 BB's.

The carrier (Vodafone in Portugal) doesnt have an answer yet they are investigating the situation.

The question is will the phone settings override the carrier settings? The carrier says that there are no restrictions on the account so there should be no blocking on the phone.

I have tried another carrier sim card and the cal blocking ia all off but in any case if i want to change it its is asking for a password and not to set a new one!!

So the password question is the same for different carriers but the settings change depending on the carrier!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Vodophone will most likely find the answer, it could be the phones but it sure sounds like the carrier settings.

That is interesting to know that different Sims have different results but  still ask for the password, most likely because the first Sim asked, the setting cannot be changed by the second.

Please post back when you do or do not find a answer.

My Device: Play book
My Carrier: +971506261618

I have same problem is not from service provider most likely from set up from factory. I did use different sim and my sim to the same type phone is not work but the same sim working with other blackberry.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

oscarg wrote:

Thanks for the info,

But it is a new phone and no one set a password, actually i have the same problem in two new Z10 BB's.

The carrier (Vodafone in Portugal) doesnt have an answer yet they are investigating the situation.

The question is will the phone settings override the carrier settings? The carrier says that there are no restrictions on the account so there should be no blocking on the phone.

I have tried another carrier sim card and the cal blocking ia all off but in any case if i want to change it its is asking for a password and not to set a new one!!

So the password question is the same for different carriers but the settings change depending on the carrier!!

There are 2 ways to bar calls, via carrier or phone, both need a password.

If it is carrier, a SIM swap would solve the problem.

If its the phone and a Security Wipe doesn't work, then you will have to contact Blackberry.