Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Caller ID slow

Sorry if somebody has posted this but when I open my phone screen like to make a call it sometimes takes it a few seconds to show the name for the numbers in the call log. This new phone is suppose to be so fast why does this happen then? I've never saw a phone work this slow to not show the names any time you open the call screen

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Caller ID slow

That's not common with this phone.  I open my phone app and BAM, there's my call log displayed within a half second.

Start with a battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

And yes, this phone is supposed to be fast so don't expect slow responses from it with everything you try to do.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

No good. Just don't understand why when I open it the screen takes a couple of seconds to load and then it will show the phone numbers but takes a few seconds more to show the names that go with the numbers. Almost like every time it loads it has to go check the contacts list for the names. As soon as you push the phone button on the 9900 everything is there instantly.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Proximus

[ Edited ]

I have the same kind of problem:

When I tap a contact or dial a number, it takes about 10s (!!) before the phones reacts and effectively dials the number. This is really unusable.

Another problem is that the bluetooth does not work well. It's connected with my car's handsfree but the call it not always transfered to it. Even the hang up, hang on commands are not always working.

A last problme is that receiving pictures via NFC is not supported... just ennoying but not critical :-)

Ferdinand

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Ferdinand:

The reason is that carriers do not support voice over LTE. So when you proceed to make a phone call, the phone has to switch down from LTE to HSPA/3G in order to make the voice call. This is the reason for the delay.

The iPhone 5 must do the same thing.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

thanks for your answer but... I don't this I have 4G coverage here. Is there a way to see it?

If it's really the case, then the Z10 must show the Dialing screen. But here, when I tap a number, nothing happens for 10s before the dialing screen appears.

I don't have a problem if dialing takes 10s, but something must happens. here, it looks like it's freezing...

thanks for your help.

Ferdinand

Regular Contributor

The phone app has been drastically improved in OS 10.1.x and launches immediately.

If you're using OS 10.0.10.x or 10.0.9.x, then you will need to wait for your carrier to push out the update.

New Contributor

It's running 10,1,0,273

Regular Contributor

When I tap on a number, the phone app opens up immediately on my Z10. Then there is a delay of a few seconds while the phone switches from LTE to HSPA/3G+ in order to make the voice call.

NOTE: I only have a few native apps installed on my device. No Android ports such as Skype or any sideloaded apps.

New Contributor

I do not have 4G coverage here.

To be sure, I forced to 2G and have the same issue. When I tap a number or tap the dial key, nothing happens for many seconds before it shows it's dialing.