Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

Callers can not hear my voice on blackberry z10

Every time i make or receive a call, the other person can not hear my voice on my new z10. what could be the problem?

Clive 

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Callers can not hear my voice on blackberry z10

2 things to check for....
-is bluetooth enabled and the audio has gone to another device
-are you on speakerphone?
New Contributor
My Carrier: MTN

callers can only hear me when i activate the speakerphone 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Luxgsm

I have the same problem. There was no reason why this started, nothing had changed. I can be heard using the speakerphone, via the headset or using Bluetooth but not when using the Z10 as a phone. I have tried turning off Bluetooth, it makes no difference. One site suggested reinstalling the latest software update but I can't find out the procedure to do this. Help?

Contributor
My Carrier: Kabel Deutschland

I have exactly the same problem. It started after I picked up the latest OS update. 

Now I have to use speakerphone as well. It looks like something is messed up with the internal microphone settings.

I have problems both with Skype calls and normal calls when using internal microphone.

I tried to wipe the phone out and reinstall everything from scratch - it did not help

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, Z30

There are some leaked OS's which have issues with mobile networks. If you have this issue and are on a leaked OS, I would go back to your carrier's official OS.
Twitter: @sheldonbk
New Contributor

How do I go back to the original OS? As far as I am aware I am not on a leaked OS, I updated some time ago following a notification. Blackberry twitter are suggesting a "wipe" but the message above suggests this will not solve the problem.

New Contributor

Problem solved. 2 x security wipes. I was using a BlackBerry Flip Case and even though I had removed this and tried calls it made no difference. I took the phone out of the case for the second wipe and not it works fine. Case is in the bin!

Contributor
My Carrier: Kabel Deutschland

I also fixed it. Sent it to carrier for repairs and got a new one

New Contributor

My problem was that the microphone worked on "speaker" but not on "phone". No way could it have been a fault with the microphone. So not a hardware issue that can be "fixed", something else. I was not prepared to wait 3 weeks by sending the phone back. For me it was a software issue and there must have been some issue with the flip case too.